Administration with £1 billion

Decided to start a new game on fm2010 with Grimsby, knowing of there shoddy finances i used the editor to give them several Biliion pounds, My transfer budget was 1 billion.

Yet however after 5 weeks the club was placeed under administration and i was docked 10 points and a tranfer embago placed on the club.

Why is this gioven the financial stability of the club?

thanks

If you edit the value to something too high it might become a negative value and as you write "several billion" this is probaly what happened. I think the highest value posible is around 2,200,000,000 so make sure you stay below that.

/JB

no i made sure it wasnt a minus figure, the club had debts but it was for 12 k a month, within a few weeks the administrators were satisfied but, now lost all my money and still lumbered with my 10 point deduction, and my transfer budget has been reduced to £0 in spoite of still having over £1billion in the coffers

i put in over 6billion, and the figure changed to something like £-2,245,583,348 so i changed it to £1,124,293,211. after i changed it, the figure did not revert back to the minus figure mentioned above, looked on my finances and i have over a billion in my account yet my transfer budget is 0

Decided to start a new game on fm2010 with Grimsby, knowing of there shoddy finances i used the editor to give them several Biliion pounds, My transfer budget was 1 billion.

Yet however after 5 weeks the club was placeed under administration and i was docked 10 points and a tranfer embago placed on the club.

Why is this gioven the financial stability of the club?

thanks

pointless and unrealistic thing to do. You deserve to go into administartion if you ask me.

Dont see were the fun of that would be

If you edit finances above a certain figure, it will make the balance negative as has been said above. Not unnaturally, the game code does not cope with unrealistic editing.

But 2.2 billion pounds is not much. Will SI increase the maximum amount to at least 5 billion pounds in the future? This amount of limitation is the same as FM 2009 and FM 2008!

But 2.2 billion pounds is not much. Will SI increase the maximum amount to at least 5 billion pounds in the future? This amount of limitation is the same as FM 2009 and FM 2008!

not sure its possible. its the limitations of the programme IIRC just over 2.1B is the max and who needs that much anyway?

Kaka, Benzema, Xavi Alonso and probably Cristiano Ronaldo.

Sadly I wouldn't be able to sign any half decent defenders as I would be out of funds.

I think you could throw as much money as you wanted at these players but I think they'd still turn down Grimsby Town!

I think you could throw as much money as you wanted at these players but I think they'd still turn down Grimsby Town!

No, he will have tweaked their reputation by now to solve that one :D

Seriously though, its a hardware limitation that would reduce performance if fixed. Since no team is anywhere near that amount of money at the moment SI have done the sensible thing and left it as it is. I'm afraid your superteam will be restricted to less than £1bil.

No, he will have tweaked their reputation by now to solve that one :D

Seriously though, its a hardware limitation that would reduce performance if fixed. Since no team is anywhere near that amount of money at the moment SI have done the sensible thing and left it as it is. I'm afraid your superteam will be restricted to less than £1bil.

Actually there's a rather easy fix...

If they consider a raw value of 1 to be £10, $6 or 100NoK then the total you could have before the overflow problem would be around 20 billion rather than 2 billion. The only downside is that it'd be impossible to measure units lower than £10, so if a team with a ticket price of £5 a seat sold 3 seats, the game would have to decide between £10 and £20 for their income.

A decent solution would be to make a raw 1 to be £5. That way you could have values that are multiples of £5, which the vast majority of numbers in the game will probably be.

Actually there's a rather easy fix...

If they consider a raw value of 1 to be £10, $6 or 100NoK then the total you could have before the overflow problem would be around 20 billion rather than 2 billion. The only downside is that it'd be impossible to measure units lower than £10, so if a team with a ticket price of £5 a seat sold 3 seats, the game would have to decide between £10 and £20 for their income.

A decent solution would be to make a raw 1 to be £5. That way you could have values that are multiples of £5, which the vast majority of numbers in the game will probably be.

Not really worth it as it means all monetary calculations will need to be multiplied by 10, which is another operation and will slow things down.

Not really worth it as it means all monetary calculations will need to be multiplied by 10, which is another operation and will slow things down.

And why do all calculations have to be multiplied by ten?

Does using dollars rather than pounds cause the game to slow down? All we'd be doing is creating "FMshinies" as a currency, where 1 FMshiny = £10 and using that as the base currency for all calculations. The game already has to convert the behind the scenes pounds into whichever currency you are using, so I can't see how this is any different?

Why do you think £2.2b is not enough?

How many clubs (not owners) would have this sort of money lying around?

Why do you think £2.2b is not enough?

How many clubs (not owners) would have this sort of money lying around?

I agree it's a silly figure to try and top at the start of the save game, but I'm sure you know full well how easy it is to accumulate hundreds of millions in a short-ish timespan by playing as a big club and nurturing youth - £2.2b isn't actually that hard to reach if you want, and the continued existence of this limit is a testament to how outdated FMs financial model is. Every year it lags further behind the many aspects the series gets right, but apparently it's a higher priority to, for example, code the Glenn Hoddle Academy correctly for a marketing tie-in than it is to actually give something as all-encompassing as the financial model the overhaul it's been crying out for for several years now. You can't boost the RRP of a game by 25% PLUS add in all sorts of in-game advertising and then turn round and go 'too much work, maybe next year' time and time again for crucial stuff

And why do all calculations have to be multiplied by ten?

Does using dollars rather than pounds cause the game to slow down? All we'd be doing is creating "FMshinies" as a currency, where 1 FMshiny = £10 and using that as the base currency for all calculations. The game already has to convert the behind the scenes pounds into whichever currency you are using, so I can't see how this is any different?

Not all equations related to money will be linear though. There may be a need to rebalance the whole thing if you rescale the money.

In line with the principles of model-view-controller, SI shouldn't arbitrarily scale things. The financial model should be separate from any optimisation as doubles are quick enough. Any optimisation should be done at a lower level than just rescaling.

it's not just User-controlled clubs

i remember seeing a screenie of Arsenal on FM08 in 2030 and their balance was 1.6bn, it wasn't just them either

if your club is really successful over a number of years (10+) and you are miserly with your money (buying star players at 16, before they make their name) then they will become debt ridden due to this cap

do you really want to be penalised in that way for continued success?

it's not just User-controlled clubs

i remember seeing a screenie of Arsenal on FM08 in 2030 and their balance was 1.6bn, it wasn't just them either

if your club is really successful over a number of years (10+) and you are miserly with your money (buying star players at 16, before they make their name) then they will become debt ridden due to this cap

do you really want to be penalised in that way for continued success?

Amazingly, you are not the first person to have thought have that, and provisions have been made to ensure that it does not cause any problems.

• SI Staff

No, clubs cannot become debt ridden in the game by raking in too much cash. Once a club reaches a certain cash balance, the board of directors will invest any excess money into reserve funds that are kept separate from the cash balance of the club and can be withdrawn later to help with the finances if the cash balance drops into red. You'll get news items in the game when such a deposit or withdrawal is made.

There is really no need to allow club cash balances higher than around £2 billion anyways, since no board would keep that amount of money simply on a bank account. The club only needs enough cash to run the daily business throughout the season etc. so any excess funds would be best of invested elsewhere anyways.

The suggestion of changing the basic unit of cash in the game to the multiple of 5 or 10 would seriously mess up... well not actually mess up but rather kill the game for many nations and leagues where teams do not operate on budget's like the few megarich clubs in the world.

Archived