Career games & next version compatibility

Okay, thought it'd be the best time to bring it up now, for a possible addition to the next game. I couldn't see any 'suggestions' forum so thought here would be as good as anywhere.

I know a lot of FM players like to play long-term saves, some may be satisfied with playing them across a year, whereas others may prefer to keep their save and skip a version of FM. I don't know how complicated this would be but surely the possibility of continuing a save game in some form or other would be best for all parties? SI would gain back any customers who would not have bought a version as they'd like to keep their save and we'd have the choice of getting the upgrades from the new game while keeping our old save.

I have no idea how viable this is but it'd be interesting to get some sort of response on the issue. Personally, I enjoy creating new games but definitely miss progress I have made in longer saves.

Are you sure about that? Firstly, I'll admit I have no clue of how coding, etc. works but surely if the install worked like a patch, then it would be possible. Seeing as we have ME updates in patches anyway.

Secondly, I accepted all updates to data would be impossible to work in.

Archived