Anfield Shock!!!!!

Still playing FM2009, will move to FM2010 once I get a new PC. Currently playing as Leeds boss into the 6th season, my only assignment so far. Been a pretty successful campaign, promoted from League 1 at first attempt, 3 seasons in the Championship until promoted to the Premiership only to be relegated after 1 season and now chasing an immediate return with 14 matches unbeaten. Must be doing a decent job.

But into January 2014, a news bulletin came up that astonished me, Liverpool had been docked 9 points for going into administration, severely denting their Championship & Europe hopes falling to half way down the table.

How could that be? They still got Gerard, Mashcerano, Skrtel plus Robbie van Persie & even Ebanks-Blake!!!!

We heard of Leeds in dire straits in reality but Liverpool? Anybody out there, seen anything unsual on FM 2008/2009/2010, like Man Utd going under, even Real Madrid? Over to you chaps?

:eek:

It Can easily happen to any club. Big investor comes in, spends millions of pounds of the clubs money (but guarenteeing it on his own wealth) then jumping ship, leaving the club with a massive debt.

Why is it so shocking it happened to Liverpool ?? We're saddled with huge loan repayments every month, and its a real struggle to balance the books, especially if you make any signings without selling players at the same time. I was almost £30m in the red by the end of last season, luckily I've won the league last 2 seasons (along with a champ. league), so got a good amount of prize money. If I hadnt, i would have been having to sell players left right n centre.

edit: not to mention there's a real possibility of that happening irl if we dont get out of our Champions League group. Should that happen, and we fail to finish 4th at the end of the season, then I think we'll be a real candidate for a points deduction.

But into January 2014, a news bulletin came up that astonished me, Liverpool had been docked 9 points for going into administration, severely denting their Championship & Europe hopes falling to half way down the table.

How could that be? They still got Gerard, Mashcerano, Skrtel plus Robbie van Persie & even Ebanks-Blake!!!!

We heard of Leeds in dire straits in reality but Liverpool? Anybody out there, seen anything unsual on FM 2008/2009/2010, like Man Utd going under, even Real Madrid? Over to you chaps?

:eek:

This happens because their American owners have got the club some massive debts. It also happens to Man United in a lot of peoples games for the same reason.

I've seen both Manchester United and Liverpool go into administration. On my FM08 game Manchester United are happily mid-table Championship and their financial description is "Rich" - the debt is down to a manageable level after several takeovers and they're building a squad from the bottom again. Old Trafford has had to reduce its capacity though, back to the 61,000 level.

Liverpool are back in the Championship and predicted to go back down to League One straight away. Their squad is dire for a Championship side. They're also financially insecure, with £91m debt still and a net worth of around £36m. They were predicted to top League One but struggled to second in getting promoted. I think they play at New Anfailed.

Hey, but at least the Yanks are out - I suppose that's all that matters, right?

I've seen both Manchester United and Liverpool go into administration. On my FM08 game Manchester United are happily mid-table Championship and their financial description is "Rich" - the debt is down to a manageable level after several takeovers and they're building a squad from the bottom again. Old Trafford has had to reduce its capacity though, back to the 61,000 level.

Liverpool are back in the Championship and predicted to go back down to League One straight away. Their squad is dire for a Championship side. They're also financially insecure, with £91m debt still and a net worth of around £36m. They were predicted to top League One but struggled to second in getting promoted. I think they play at New Anfailed.

I hope this happens in fM10, this has given me another reason to play a long save game :p

Lets just hope it happens IRL :D

Hehe, FM will soon reflect reality unless the Arabs save Liverpool - massive, massive debt, failing league performances threatening Champions League qualification next year - as well as progression this year!

As an Evertonian, I have to snicker a bit at the plight of Liverpool; it's one of the few things I can gloat about!

Saying that, we're lumbered with Bill Feckin' Kenwright...

Archived