[FM10] Der Misters Teutonic Mission

TheMister

I've got the top divisions in ITA, FRA, ENG and SPA as playable leagues, and I've got players from another 48 nations retained - 20 top divisions from major European countries and BRA and ARG; and 28 from the top clubs from the rest of the world (AFR, ASI, AME, and smaller Euro nations). I hope this will provide the players required for a long term save, without impacting too much on processing. I've created a new German league set-up with 4 divisions and a cup. Why? Because I don't like all the 'II' teams in their system, I don't like squad registrations, and I wanted a 'normal' reserves arrangement. Other than that, the actual data is unchanged - I've not altered finances, reputations, player stats, etc; it's all legit! I think the only thing I've changed is my kits.

I play my saves in the same way as most people in here - no player or staff searching (just scouts and job centre), no re-loading, etc. That gives me a nice level of immersion while still providing a good level of fun. I'm really just planning an end of season summary every year, and regular commenting other than that.

Why choose Munster? I want to start at the bottom, I like their badge, and the club colours contrast nicely with the dark skin on FM - it's as simple as that! With the club having a historic element to their name I've chosen a suitably Prussian alias for myself. At the start of the game there's no staff on the roster, and we have a media prediction of 4th.

AK_20029039_kl_1.jpg

The Preussen-Stadion has a reasonable capacity for a lower league club, as do most in Germany. It's in a poor condition but boasts a youth academy and good youth facilities too.

EDIT: it occured to me after I logged off last night that I missed a BIG bit of information - all the big clubs in Europe have their debt removed, and similarly all clubs in Germany. While it's not realistic, I want a vibrant and fun gameworld; not one where Bayern, Liverpool and Milan get relegated because they are penniless - like happened in '09; I want to be meeting these people, at strength, in Europe (if I ever get there!). I haven't tinkered with finances other than removing those debts.

I've filled various staff positions, enough for the first season anyway. Borussia Dortmund took me on as a feeder club too, at £33k per annum. They haven't sent me a player yet, but that money is 2 weeks salary bill! I was really needing an AML, but nobody came up on the radar and I only managed to bring in a DL - he wasn't terribly needed, but he did represent a big improvement in quality, so I bit the bullet on his demands.

The board said we didn't have funds for improving the training facilities. Hopefully that will change sooner rather than later, as one thing I'm particularly keen to do in this save is be fiscally responsible!

The pre-season was a real mixed bag, with a few hidings and a few wins - one of the wins being against French Ligue 1 oposition. The first competitive matchday saw us at home to fellow promotion hopefuls (mp 6th) Wilhelmshaven. We did quite well and got the season off to a winning start.

After 8 matches Munster are 4th on goal difference and have exited the cup in the opening round.

The league position is satisfactory as we've played a couple of the better teams away from home. This is the biggest win so far, with the back-up striker getting 4 first half goals!

EDIT: turns out Pollok got a new club record for the quickest goal, at 18 seconds.

After briefly rising to 2nd place we had a poor 1-3 defeat away to Zwickau, slipping to 4th. The most annoying thing was losing the 3 goals after conceding only 2 in the previous 11 games.

The media said I'm favourite for the VFB Lubeck (3rd div) hotseat, but I told them I'm not interested - Munster for life (well this save :cool:).

Two games before the Christmas break we've slipped to 8th, 10 points below 3rd place. We've been putting in some really poor performances, with the odd good one returning one or no points. But it's also the first time I've tried a new formation (4231). We're pretty good defensively but the goals for column is not looking good.

I was hoping to get to the break before any big changes but I can't let it go on any longer. Even if it makes no difference things need shaken up. So I'm reverting to my old familiar 433. It won't be too difficult to accomodate because it's basically the same type and number of players in each position. I've also noticed a few direct free kicks going in against me and I'll need another couple of players in the wall than I usually allocate.

Hopefully things will improve - if not right away, then certainly after the winter break.

Hopefully things will improve - if not right away, then certainly after the winter break.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear - sacked 2 games after the break :( I don't think I've ever been sacked before! LOL. I can't complain to be honest - form had slumped and we were losing money' not a good combination.

I'm going to give it another shot though. I've not managed in Germany before because of bugs with registration, so I've really been looking forward to FM10 solely because I could create my own German set-up.

So I'll punish Munster with my presence once more - I hope it goes better! I'll have this closed for now, but I'll be back soon :cool:

Archived