Bizarre Substituion

I am playing in the Dutch Jupiler League, as RBC Roosendaal. I just finished a 2-2 match with Dordrecht, but that is irrelevant. The relevant part is one of the substitutions they made. (I may have given that away with the title...)

After 69 minutes their goalkeeper conceded an own goal, where, basically, my striker Ars headed against the bar and it rebounded off his back and went in. As below:

subbedkeeper2.png

With 5 minutes remaining in the match, time running out and me putting pressure on to find the winner, their manager puts into action his own take on 'shutting up shop' and replaces the liability that proved to be their keeper. As below:

subbedkeeper1.png

Bizarre? I think so.

I assume this was tactical. I base this on the fact that he conceded an own goal, hence had made an 'error that led to a goal' and also that he had no sign of injury - i checked, as well, and he had no 'Potential [insert injury]' listed nor had he suffered a sudden loss of fitness.

Edit: Oops. I accidentally misspelt the title.

May have been something to do with his performance? Perhaps the game has a certain parameter where if a player drops below a certain performance level (eg 6 point something) then the AI subs him?

Although judging by your tiny screenshot, it looks like he was at 6.3 when he was subbed.

I don't know. In real life, you would put something like a ball bouncing off your keeper's back down as an accident, but the game has to rely on code and numbers I suspect.

Yeah i assume it was because of the own goal.

Does anyone remember a goalkeeper being subbed in real life because of performance?

i remember in the champions league a few years back a goalie for olympiakos the on with grey hair was replace at half time due concecng a few bad goals

i think it was against man utd

• 3 weeks later...

Archived