The financial side of this game is horrendous.

Some conf north/south sides seem to be losing £300,000 per season.

I know it tries to be realistic but it's making afew sides outside the top 5 levels impossible to play.

is anything being done to sort the financial side of things because it seems like it's getting to close to real life in that we're all in debt :rolleyes:

Some conf north/south sides seem to be losing £300,000 per season.

I know it tries to be realistic but it's making afew sides outside the top 5 levels impossible to play.

is anything being done to sort the financial side of things because it seems like it's getting to close to real life in that we're all in debt :rolleyes:

If in real life most clubs run in debt, then the same should apply in the game no?

If in real life most clubs run in debt, then the same should apply in the game no?

i'd hazard a guess that teams in conf north/south aint running up £300,000 a year debts otherwise they'd go bust.

plus this end of day is still a game, it's good to try and be realistic but not when it makes sides unplayable.

I've never had this problem personally. Every FM I manage in the Blue Square South and I've been fine on the finances side.

As soon as you take over the club, remove as much dead wood as you can (make sure you can release them without offering compensation). For those you can't get rid of for free, wait til their contract runs out. You have to get by for one year with losses, but in the second year in charge, you should be able to see some improvements.

The key points are

a) Keep the wage budget down LOW. This means removing useless players wherever possible. Don't bother with fielding a reserve squad in the first couple of years. You can't afford it.

b) When you hire free transfers, be careful not to offer too high incentives (eg. keep appearance bonus etc to a minimum. Be also sure to keep an eye on how much their wages will rise yearly. Not keeping tabs on this will cause you massive problems down the line.

c) Try and kick arse in the cups. Teams in the BSS/BSN rely massively on competition income.

Farsley Celtic (Conference North) are in terrible trouble financially in real life.

They also start with a 10 point deduction. (Or they did in real life, I don't know

if they do on FM10)

I played with them on my 09 save, I always look to see how their doing now.

Farsley Celtic (Conference North) are in terrible trouble financially in real life.

They also start with a 10 point deduction. (Or they did in real life, I don't know

if they do on FM10)

They definitely have a 10 point deduction in the game. Them and Northwich.

I think the problem a lot of people used to playing at top levels have when playing in the lower leagues is signing way to many players. Sure you are given a wage budget but if you can operate well under it you will benifit yourself. People go into playing in the lower leagues and expect to have 2-3 players backup for every position and end up with huge squads which just isn't how it works at that level

I always start in the lower leagues, and pretty much the rule is a starting XI and maybe 5 versatile back-ups, then use the "crappy" youth players if you have injury problems. Other than this you really cannot afford anything more. If there is still space after signing this 16 man team, I might try and get the other 6 places filled to get a 22 man squad so I can have them all covered, but only if I am still surviving. And if you sign these extra six they are likely to spend 90% of the time in your reserves anyway unless you get injuries so realistically they are not needed, in FM10 you can sign a Free Transfer at anytime so keep track of the best frees around and sign them when you need them :) Look for U21s as then they don't need a squad number in most competitions either.

if they do on FM10)

I'm still on the demo as I'm waiting for the disk to arrive.

I decided to go with Farsley Celtic and only after I started my game did I know they had a 10 point deduction. Is there any way of knowing in advance?

Or at least shouldn't the chairman's welcome refer to the issue?

agree the financial side aint the best

in the 3 years i built up 280k of debt and the board pumped in 150k in the last season

i basically tried to get bargains with players earning a max of 200 quid a week and try and got my basingstoke side from conf south to league 2 in 3 years

at the start of october in my first season in league 2 i am currently 17k in the black thanks to some big pre season friendlies, season ticket sales and hugely increased gates

haha fair enough guys, although i usually always go lower league.

I havn't yet even been a side, i've been trying to change, twist, amend that huge level 10 download that has been created and got most of it sorted, included mass changes to the finances because of course it's uncontrolable debt city down there, only to then find when finally sorted the lower leagues the conf north/south is as bad with afew showing big losses.

but suppose maybe in previous games this has happened but they then get relegated and disappear off the game, unlike my one now which has them dropping down further but with the massed debt.

maybe i'll tinker a wee bit or just leave it be cause as you say others do have debts, just seemed quite a high amount to ever sort.

Archived