New game, new computer needed.

Well it looks like i am going to have to fork out for a new computer if i want to play the leagues i have played in the past so just wondering if anybody has any idea want kind of machine i am looking at to be able to play these leagues and watch the match without it lagging.

England up to League 2

France - Ligue 1

Germany - Bundesliga

Italy - Serie A

Netherlands - Eridivisie

Scotland - SPL

Spain - La Liga

Medium Database.

Thanks in advance if anyone can steer me in the right direction.

I've got a core2duo 2.33ghz and can run that. I would suggest that you pick a machine with a dedicated graphics card and not integrated if you want to play 3D. Remember when you get the machine to upgrade the graphics card drivers immediately because the ones on the machine will probably be out of date.

Well it looks like i am going to have to fork out for a new computer if i want to play the leagues i have played in the past so just wondering if anybody has any idea want kind of machine i am looking at to be able to play these leagues and watch the match without it lagging.

England up to League 2

France - Ligue 1

Germany - Bundesliga

Italy - Serie A

Netherlands - Eridivisie

Scotland - SPL

Spain - La Liga

Medium Database.

Thanks in advance if anyone can steer me in the right direction.

Hi,

You play exactly the same leagues as me...save I have Eng to Coca Cola and a large database. My comp is now 5 years old...Pentium 4 3.4, no additional hardware added..same old graphics card.... and I feared I may not be able to play FM10 to any decent degree - I actually skipped '09.

I tried the demo...and much to my surprise it worked perfectly...graphics and all.

So I bought it, expecting to be severely restricted in leagues and it has been fine...faster than previous versions actually.

I did clean out my hard-drive beforehand and make sure all other applications are not running.

If my pc can do it...yours can I'm sure.

I actually give credit to the coders...I'm amazed it goes so fast on my old machine...and I am tetchy about lag.

P.S SI do NOT employ me. ;)

So you match engine doesn't lag.

I need a new computer because i have gone from being able to play those that i have put up to only being able to play 1 league now and the match engine still lags and i have updated every driver that i can.

Thanks for the help guys.

So you match engine doesn't lag.

I need a new computer because i have gone from being able to play those that i have put up to only being able to play 1 league now and the match engine still lags and i have updated every driver that i can.

Thanks for the help guys.

I've not had what I'd call lag...maybe takes 15 secs to load up...5 secs between tactics changing.

The match engine only splutters if I try have windows media going in the background.

I have the same leagues as you with a 5 year old comp and the 3d engine works fine...

Could it be faster? Yes.

Is it slower than old CM/FM games when my comp was top range? No.

As I said...I did cull a lot of my hard-drive and analysed my active applications before installing.

MSN is a no go for a start......

Will give the hard drive a cull and give it another go, thanks for the help Lucyblue.

You're welcome.

It worked for me...but I was lucky this time...I'm at my limit.

We all know another pc is just around the corner sadly.

I wish you well...and hope you have fun...whatever you end up doing.

Archived