English Big 4 Relegation

Only on FM09 have I see this happen;

- Once in the first season, Liverpool went into administration and had 10 or 9 points deducted causing them to finish 18th! :eek: Still couldn't poach Xabi Alonso away for less than £24m!

- In 2024/25, United got relegated due to having a shocking display of regens :thdn:

It would depend on what season you was in. Inside about 5 seasons i would say you would swiftly shown the door even for finishing below 6th but if you club is in slow decline, for example Arsenal if they finished 4th, 5th, 8th, 7th, 10th, 11th, 9th, 15th, 17th and then come in and finish 18th then one would assume you could be sacked but i would expect you to be sacked with any team after relegation UNLESS the objective was 'Enjoy it' or 'Attempt to avoid relegation'. And i would say it would be IMPOSSIBLE to get them relegated inside the first few seasons without a mass exodus and brought in some poor players coupled with points deductions.

I would say that it would most likely happen while you were at the club if you joined near the end of the season with the team in relegation zone otherwise you would be fired. Im just asking if anyone has seen it happen.

In FM09, I started a game with the game start date set to Sweden March 09, used FMTRE to edit last season league positions (as they finished in irl) and then took over Middlesbrough a few days after they had been relegated under Southgate, come the end of the season ended up being sacked due to Middlesbrough getting relegated under Southgate (won almost every game I was in charge for to salvage some pride).

Then reloaded the save from when I took over but this time didn't win as many games as before but also never got sacked either.

FM09, Liverpool got relegated and Man utd were nearing the drop zone..

Arsenal were always at the top of the league with Chelsea.

On my FM10 game in the 1st season

Man Utd won the league, Spurs got 3rd and Liverpool ended up 6th.

2nd Season.

Top 4 were the original top 4 again.

Middlesbrough got relegated to League 1 in my first season (I'm Sheff Utd). They still had all their good players, just played awful and were in the relegation zone until game 39. Pulled themselves out but then got put into administration with only a few games to go and were a win short of surviving.

Hmm 200K p/w wage bill, will they bounce back?

Newcastle lost in the play off finals so another year in the Championship with a current wage bill of 600K p/w.

Just wondering has anyone had any of the English Big 4 (Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd) relegated to the championship and if so what was the reaction, im guessing you would have been sacked pretty quick?

i dont think this will happen in fm2010. So far i played 2season with man utd, the big 4 is sitll dominating. the lowest the big 4 haf been is 8th place. that is liverpool.

Archived