Why did i lose 5-0 to Scarborough?

Playing as Southend United, and after 3 Play-off defeats the board want a title win...and i'm not surprised.

I've the best team in the league, yet the team is still struggling.

Tried quite a few tactics and no luck.

Morale has been high and the players have a strong understanding.

But the results are so random. And that 5-0 result was the final straw. Was 9th when i had enough and quit.

What did i do wrong?

I don't know, sometimes it happens and its weird :S I just lost 6-2 to Malaga as At. Madrid.

I just beat Valencia 4-1 at home too, So morale was good. Yet i found myself 3-0 down after about 15 minutes... all 3 of their shots went in. Then they got a sending off yet it went from awful to completely unbelievable! I couldn't believe it lol

Had the same sort of thing with Darlington in the conference, yet i was there for 6 of the 8 games at the end of the season.

Quit, and now enjoying an unbeaten 7 game run at the start of a new season as watford, with easily the best team in the league :)

That's often how I feel. But I've taken a different approach this year. At the end of the day, real life managers do sometimes struggle with quality squads. Just gotta dig in, take defeat on the chin and work at trying to sort it out.

what tactics are you using? Are you attacking or defending, it could be that some of your players stats have dropped so its causing holes in your formation etc for example, if you had a wing back with stamina and speed of 17 and as he is getting older these stats in particulare drop dramatically so if they are now 14 he may be out of position alot.

Could apply to almost any position on the park.

Just a thought

I don't know, sometimes it happens and its weird :S I just lost 6-2 to Malaga as At. Madrid.

I just beat Valencia 4-1 at home too, So morale was good. Yet i found myself 3-0 down after about 15 minutes... all 3 of their shots went in. Then they got a sending off yet it went from awful to completely unbelievable! I couldn't believe it lol

Welly you're managing Patetico Madrid, they are known to have a bad defence :D

shocking results : lost 7-0 at home against zenit ( i played din moscow ) with 5 defenders and one dm (i was the league holder). lost 4 times against zenit and cska , no draw, no matter what tactics i used or how many restarts. then , uruguay (me) - bolivia , 2-0 half time, 5-5 final, ecuador - urugay 3-3, din moscow - fenerbahce in europa league, lost 4-2 away , won 6-2 at home, din moskow - werder 1-4 , than next game chelsea - din moskow 0-0, din moscow - saturn 0-5, then din moscow - lok moscow 7-2, din bucharest - fulham 1-3, next game din bucharest - werder 3-0. i played fm 09 for 21 seasons, 8days in total time, with tottenham, roma and arsenal, i don't remember winning two games with 6 goals difference, yet fm 10 is full of high scoring games. it's all so random, if i score 2 goals in first half, it's just impossible to keep the clean sheet, i mean, i never, not once managed to keep a clean sheet after i took the lead by 2 or 3 goals in first half

I can't understand why people still think that this game is a football simulation, it isn't, Set any tactic, doesn't matter which one and you'll either win or lose without even understanding why. The game is entirely random, there are lot of people who don't even look into the tactics and win playing "fast speed". Too much weird for me.

i disagree 100%.

I was losing, watched a few matches at normal speed with full highlights on and noticed i was constantly getting beaten down the left and through the middle. I bought a new lb and implemented a DM, now im going strong and pushing for europe with wolves.

The game is not randowm, people who dont watch the matches and dont see where they are going wrong just say it is

I can't understand why people still think that this game is a football simulation, it isn't, Set any tactic, doesn't matter which one and you'll either win or lose without even understanding why. The game is entirely random, there are lot of people who don't even look into the tactics and win playing "fast speed". Too much weird for me.

It's clearly not random but a % of it is.

As is football?

You're Argentinian - Messi is arguably the best footballer in the world at present. Why does he sometimes not have a great game?

His mood?

The defender he's up against?

If Messi is a 10 on a footballer scale and the defender an 8...Messi should beat him everytime..but he doesn't...sometimes the defender plays great and Messi poor.

Why?

He's human.

How does a game reflect this...give him a great base set of stats and introduce randomness.

Until we get into advanced AI...that's the best we can do.

And SI's stats...and stat influencers are a lot more scientific than the fact that Messi woke up one morning and his cornflakes tasted poor and he was in the wrong side of bed.

We're all humans...there has to be random and I think this game does it pretty well.

What is a better football sim IYO?

Cheers, i'll do that.

Do you take this attitude in real life too? If things aren't going your way at work you leave, and don't try to sort them out? Or accuse the management you screwing you over whenever you come back from having a cigarette?

Good luck with CM and good job answering the people who tried to help you.

I was playing Derry City in the Cup, I beat them 5-0, 3 days later I played them in the league and I lost 3-0! Something wrong there, yes revenge and all that but a 7 goal turnaround??? I finished 2nd in the LOI and I am top scorer with 75 in 36 games but I also have conceded the second highest with 60! This cant be right! Give me a 1-0 victorty any day

I was playing Derry City in the Cup, I beat them 5-0, 3 days later I played them in the league and I lost 3-0! Something wrong there, yes revenge and all that but a 7 goal turnaround??? I finished 2nd in the LOI and I am top scorer with 75 in 36 games but I also have conceded the second highest with 60! This cant be right! Give me a 1-0 victorty any day

That's hardly something to complain about. It could easily happen!

How many times. The Team was the best, by a country mile, in the league. Yet, the results were so random it didn't feel as though my teams skill mattered.

Tried sticking with tactics for 10-15 games or 20+ games. Tried to bring in players slowly into the team as to not shake things up.

Tried to counter away, nope.

Tried to defend away, nope.

Tried to attack away, nope.

Random results.

How could finishing 2nd and be top scorers yet 2nd worst amount conceded easily happen.

Just another point, not sure how random this is but it seems whenever I go on a run of say 4 wins, if I save and shut down come back later I do the opposite and go on a run of defeats. Happens at least 3 days a week!

Oh no you lost 5-0 and i want to take the game back..........

Football is random, it happens sometimes. Liverpool won 4-1 at Old Trafford, i'm surprised Fergie didn't pack it in after that cos that should never ever happen in football!

On the flipside, you could say Newcastle didn't have the third worst team in the Premier League but an overall combination meant that they failed to perform to their ability which resulted in them going down. Whilst it is frustrating to not understand where you are going wrong, unfortunately it does appear there is a flaw somewhere in something you are doing. I don't have the answer though!

At a guess the obvious thing would to guess over-confidence/complacency against a very highly motivated side.

I would classify this as the first rage quit of the new season. While I get the odd fixture and get upset by some obscure team I tend to take an analytical approach and figure out what is wrong. Also just get sacked and find another team ;)

Sorry to use the old cliche, but it's your tactics. Obviously you're not doing something right. If you keep tampering wit hthe formation etc. the players clearly won't be able to settle into a fixed playing style and you'll be screwed.

Sorry, but thats rubbish.

I tried different tactics but gave them 15+ games and still the random results.

Thats why i wondered if there was some kind of "restart" bug, if you quit a game without saving.

Archived