Newgen player bug.

I'm in my 5th season now and have noticed a severe lack of realistic physical stats to go with a newgens position. Lots of 5"7 centre back's with 5 or 6 jumping. Ruins the game long term.

I've done a player search (in game) for only centre backs aged 19 or less (so as to get only newgens). 5272 are found. With jumping at 5 or less there are 522, at 10 or less there are 2901. At 15 or more there are 18!!!! At 16 or more......3. Yes that's 3 centre backs at age 19 or less with jumping of 16 compared to 522 at less than 5.

Just think that human race is becoming smaller, evolving towards a more efficient organism.

With all respect, sometimes I found this rants about lack of realism unfair and unnecessary.

This is a simulation, a fictional world created in a game play: Real life lies elsewhere. It's not only impossible to achieve realism in a game, but also it would be boring. Most of us wouldn't have the talent to be manager and would end doing something else (like what we do know in our lives). We play guitar hero because we don't have the talent to have a successful rock band, the games give us the chance to be things that we're not. That's something far from realistic, different to reality.

Now, the more realistic the game is, the less imagination we use. When we didn't have faces we imagined the players. And a huge part of the game is the way we created relationships with our players (sometimes we hate them, sometimes we love them as bastards child, etc.), in other words, imagination.

My advice, if something 'unrealistic' happen (even a bug) imagine that FIFA created a new rule or the president went crazy. After all, life also could be 'unrealistic'.

Right... I'll look at centerbacks only. I'll list the jumping attribute looked for, then the number of matching CBs.

2030:

Total players seen with no filters on: 18661

Total CBs seen with no filters on: 4117

10: 2993

15: 414

16: 167

17: 59

18: 12

19: 1

20: 0

2009:

Total players seen with no filters on: 25452

Total CBs seen with no filters on: 5312

10: 4305

15: 941

16: 445

17: 172

18: 61

19: 14

20: 5

Conclusion: The 2009 game had slightly more leagues loaded, and as such a slightly larger population overall.

In both, a similarly large amount of centerbacks had at least 10 jumping. However, it seems that there were a similar number of defenders with 16 jumping 2009 as 15 heading in 2030, a similar number of 17 and 16, and so forth. It does look like the mean jumping stat has gone down by 1 point.

However, both games are at different points in the season, which could have a slight effect. Both games were at the same stage of the season, so no difference there (in fact we lost a couple of 17s and 18s by making it the same date). Equally, every game has a random element, and it could just be a poor decade for tall defenders.

My overall judgement would be that my data isn't nearly enough, but at a quick glance there's still a huge pool of tall defenders out there that can leap like salmon. Sure it seems that 17 is the new 18, but a reduction of 1 over 20 years is hardly game breaking.

edit: I'm holidaying a little further so the dates match up and rechecking. It'd also be great for someone who has a save from a year in and 20 years in to check, in case the starting attributes are naturally a little high and get pulled down in the first year anyway.

edit2: Edited in the new data, but it didn't make much difference. So yeah, Jumping had fallen, but only by around 1 point across the board.

Archived