3D Pitch on laptops

Hey all, obviously i've had a gander at the system specs, but it doesn't offer much insight into what you need to get the game running a laptop. Most of what i've read says that it should run on my things without the 3D match engine, but in that case what do you need to get everything?

Everyone's always quite negative about integrated graphics (i'll admit I don't totally understand much of what i'm reading), but if you've got 4GB of Ram surely it should be able to nick enough memory to run fine, unless there's more wrong with integrated graphics than just that.

Most of the laptops i've been looking at for under £500 seem to be using an "Intel Media Accelerator 4500HD" or something similar. Would this be able to handle FM completely?

The specs don't really give much info (i'm guessing because it's integrated) so it's tough to compare to the cards listed in the system specs at the top of the forum.

Has anyone got any suggestions or thoughts? I'm sure alot of people have similar questions, i'm finding loads of comments on review and shopping sites from people asking if a certain laptop will run FM and they rarely get an adequate response. Hopefully people here will have more insight.

I've got a laptop with integrated graphics and it works fine. It occasionally freezes for a few seconds but nothing I can't live with

Hey mate - can you let us know a bit more about your laptops specs?

Also what level of 3D match can it run ok?

Hey mate - can you let us know a bit more about your laptops specs?

Also what level of 3D match can it run ok?

Ay specifics on the laptop would be great :) Also what sort of processor/ram has it got? The ones I was looking at generally have 2Ghz Dual Core and 3-4gb of RAM, which should be more than enough i'd think.

I run the game perfectly fine on 2 different laptops, the worst of which has the following specs:

1.66GHZ

2GB RAM

Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

I occasionally get a few jumpy moments in the 3D Matches but other than that it runs perfectly fine for my liking. So I'd say anything better than that and you should be ok :thup:

I run the game perfectly fine on 2 different laptops, the worst of which has the following specs:

1.66GHZ

2GB RAM

Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

I occasionally get a few jumpy moments in the 3D Matches but other than that it runs perfectly fine for my liking. So I'd say anything better than that and you should be ok :thup:

Thanks a lot for the reply :thup:

If you don't mind answering one further question - what 3D match settings can you get away with (i.e crowd detail level etc?)

I am running on -

Compaq Presario CQ61

Windows Vista Home Basic

Pentium Dual Core T4200 - 2ghz

3gb Ram

Mobile Intel 4 Chipset Family

I run on Low and it runs fine. I can set to medium or high but medium is a little stuttery and high is moreso. I think the level of detail is fine on Low.

If you set to Automatic, it will choose the best for your system.

Thanks a lot for the reply :thup:

If you don't mind answering one further question - what 3D match settings can you get away with (i.e crowd detail level etc?)

I don't know to be honest, I just run my games with the default settings....

Archived