Players having issues with me

In the Match Analysis screen, my AssMan keeps telling me that a player on my team (the captain of all people) is having trouble being motivated because he has personal issues with me. The AssMan also tells me that the above is causing other players to not be motivated. However, there is no other indication that there's a problem. The player's statuses are fine, I do not see any other indication that anyone is upset. Has anyone seeing this before? Is this a bug or am I missing something?

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I have the same problem, between Gerrard (yes Gerrard) and Mark Suchy a player I bought in the previous season and has been playing well. Now the press has asked what I'm going to do about for the Season 3. I should sell Suchy, but he has great stats and is young, I'm not sure what to do. I might let Suchy go on a long term loan, but he can play as a DC, DMC and MC. So he is very useful. And there is no way I'm selling Gerrard!!!! Can anyway advise, pls.

In the Match Analysis screen, my AssMan keeps telling me that a player on my team (the captain of all people) is having trouble being motivated because he has personal issues with me. The AssMan also tells me that the above is causing other players to not be motivated. However, there is no other indication that there's a problem. The player's statuses are fine, I do not see any other indication that anyone is upset. Has anyone seeing this before? Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Into Season 3 and now Gerrard has a slight problem with Suchy. So I sent Suchy on long term loan, and Gerrard was happy that harmony would be restored to the dressing room. He was also hoping this would be a permanent move. The Ass Man is still reporting a problem with some of players getting motivated with Gerrard as captain. So not sure what to do there yet.

On a separate note I managed to get Ribery on a Free at the end of my second season. In preseason he is quality, he seems to glid past players. It's worth noting, he is on 120k a week. ;)

Yes I have the same problem, between Gerrard (yes Gerrard) and Mark Suchy a player I bought in the previous season and has been playing well. Now the press has asked what I'm going to do about for the Season 3. I should sell Suchy, but he has great stats and is young, I'm not sure what to do. I might let Suchy go on a long term loan, but he can play as a DC, DMC and MC. So he is very useful. And there is no way I'm selling Gerrard!!!! Can anyway advise, pls.

Yep I get this all the time - I put it down to signing a lot of new players, or maybe some comments to the media don't meet their expectations?

I also get the "So and so" is having trouble settling into the squad.

I really wish these kind of messages were explained more, and some advice on how to resolve it would be good.

I doubt anybody will give you an answer that you feel is reasonable as i had this issue on FM09 and started a thread too... Look at the responses i got...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=147539

which to me, seems unreasonable and made no sense! I personally think its a bug

Correction: there does actually seem to be a reason posted at the bottom that someone investigated lol... I obviously didn't know there had been a few mroe psots on it! Maybe that is the answer :thup:

If it's not one thing, it's another.

I've got my team playing very well considering they were predicted to finish 16th, I'm hovering around 8th place in the first season. I do all the press conferences and team talks myself, I'm classed as untouchable with the board and everything seems perfect. I look at my ass mans's comments halfway through beating top of the table Middlesbrough 4-0 and home and he says about 4 people have problems. Two of them have trouble motivating themselves for me because of personal issues, the other two have problems motivating themselves for the captain. Just looked at their profiles, no problems whatsoever, nothing but.... half of their attributes are decreasing. I've looked at their training schedules, they're all happy with the training. How on earth am I supposed to try and sort this mess out?

I don't really take notice of that screen. Every week my assman tells me player x is having serious problems blending into the squad, yet his morale, happiness and form are all good so it's not an issue. I prefer to look at the players individual page to see if they are unhappy about anything.

Thanks for pointing me to your original thread. It has been very helpfully. I suppose you only have to look a Benitez for this. He is a considered a world class manager, but he cannot motivate certain players or most players!!!

This post in your thread was perfect.

It could depend on several factors:

-Not good in media, press conferences...

-Team talks not good enough

-May need to speak to individual players more in team talks

-Amount of bonus you'r giving them for the league, cups...

-Not praising your team enough, especially away from home

-Sold a Favoured personnel at the club, i.e. If Ferrgie sold/released Ryan Giggs at Man Utd

So I suppose I'll have to see if I can deal with those players individually, especially in team talks. The hard one is when they are not moviated by my captain, what do you do then???

I doubt anybody will give you an answer that you feel is reasonable as i had this issue on FM09 and started a thread too... Look at the responses i got...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=147539

which to me, seems unreasonable and made no sense! I personally think its a bug

Correction: there does actually seem to be a reason posted at the bottom that someone investigated lol... I obviously didn't know there had been a few mroe psots on it! Maybe that is the answer :thup:

OK, I've discovered this is not a bug. I'm half into my third season, top of league with Liverpool and looking to win the Prem for the third time in a row. Agger has not be motivated all season and I've tried everything mentioned above. Then in January he announced to the press that he wanted to move on as he had won everything with Liverpool and wanted to be transferred list. I refused but sent out a memo to other clubs saying I wanted 20 mil for him. I got a few offers at 11mil and 16mil, and one at 18.5mil. So I sold him for 18.5mil.

I think the game just warns you in advance. I've got the same issue with Glen Johnson, so I'll look to another right back in the summer and get rid once he starts moaning to the press.

On another note, as soon as Agger moaned I dropped him to the reserves and even though to team were winning 1-0, 3-2, etc. The next game a top two table clash against Man U at Anfield. We smashed them 5-1, and then the next game against Hull away, we smashed them 8-1 and morale shot up. So it would seem having a player moaning isn't a great help.

I hope this helps anyone out there.

If it's not one thing, it's another.

I've got my team playing very well considering they were predicted to finish 16th, I'm hovering around 8th place in the first season. I do all the press conferences and team talks myself, I'm classed as untouchable with the board and everything seems perfect. I look at my ass mans's comments halfway through beating top of the table Middlesbrough 4-0 and home and he says about 4 people have problems. Two of them have trouble motivating themselves for me because of personal issues, the other two have problems motivating themselves for the captain. Just looked at their profiles, no problems whatsoever, nothing but.... half of their attributes are decreasing. I've looked at their training schedules, they're all happy with the training. How on earth am I supposed to try and sort this mess out?

Archived