Ridiculous expectations...

I'm in my second season as Newcastle, and having been promoted to the premiership last season, presumed the expectations would be fairly simple to fulfill. How wrong I was!

The Board (I was taken over by a consortium last season btw) expect me to finish in a European Qualification position, with a budget of just £7 million. JOKE!! :eek:

I'm now in December, 9th position, and the board are unhappy. Probably will be sacked soon.

Anyone else experienced similar issues?

I've always found expectations move along too quickly in FM, I've taken Peterborough up into the Premiership and although you always get the first season as avoid relegation, the 2nd season always wants mid table and then progresses on from there

In reality of course they'd be happy to stay up any/every year

Sounds about right for Newcastle to be honest!

Pretty harsh on you but if a new board comes in I'd imagine they would be demanding in what they want to achieve.

I've always found expectations move along too quickly in FM, I've taken Peterborough up into the Premiership and although you always get the first season as avoid relegation, the 2nd season always wants mid table and then progresses on from there

In reality of course they'd be happy to stay up any/every year

Yeah, and I wouldn't have minded so much had I had more money to spend, but how can I possibly achieve that with the money available?

My expectation managing Newcastle for the 1st season after promotion was mid table, nothing less. Although i got more than £7 million....... in fact i got £16 million. Now sitting 3rd with 8 games to go. No chance of winning the league mind, but im 4 points clear of dropping out of the Champions League places. Highlight is probably a 3-1 win at the Emirates.

Archived