FM is much better than Fifa

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eXistenZ:

Comparing FIFA with FM is stupid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On here? Get away!

Well i saw Fifa at the store and it was on their display machine so i go and check the Rangers team...

Steven Naismith is worth 14,000,000 and not playing for Rangers.

Cousin is somehow done a micheal jackson and turned white.

Every other player looks nothing at all like the actual player and somehow even less realistic than fifa07.

Yip....

FM till i die.

FifaM is better in some aspects, FM is better in others.

It deppends only on yours like.

If EA will fix bugs in tactical aspect of game, expand database/add more leagues - and fix some database issues - then can be better.

Its only matter of you appoach to game - of you like "harcore" manager - go FM way, if you like "everthyng" manager, then FifamM is your way.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tommy 'the red' Howard:

Fm and Pro Evo all the way! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Totally agree with FM, but Pro Evo is a load of old nonsense.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eXistenZ:

Comparing FIFA with FM is stupid. Th first one is a football game, the other one is a management game.

Comparing FM with FIFAM makes more sense </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your comment is unnecessary - he meant FIFA Manager and you are the only one to think otherwise.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom =):

Do you agree? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No.

Because they're two different approaches to the genre, and therefore can't really be considered better than the other.

FM is for the people who want more concentration on realistic football management, whereas Fifa is meant for the RPG crowd.

My idea of heaven is FM with the Pro Evo match engine.

Pro Evo is near perfection, and still improves every single year. WHo cares about li**nces when you have a pretty much perfect match engine.

Pro Evo rewards people who play football themselves, or understand hwo movement/balance works in football. Fifa is for people who have never played football, and shout inane things at football matches like "Pass it to Beckham", "Kick a goal" and the like.

RE: Pro Evo

Having played Pro Evo religeously since way back when it was called International Superstar Soccer I have to say it's gone right downhill since Pro Evo 4 and 5, the last 2 versions have been rubbish imo.

They're now concentrating on making it easier to score spectacular shots, and that was never what Pro Evo was about. It also seems to be a lot slower these days, so all in all Pro Evo 4 was perfect, Pro Evo 5 was very good but the last couple have been a right let down.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by metropolistechnique:

Fifa is for people who have never played football, and shout inane things at football matches like... "Kick a goal" and the like. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Coached youth games, have you? icon_biggrin.gif

I was playing either FIFA07 or 08, I cant remember which, and I was playing as Tottenham and I put Chimbonda as right back, and he went on a good run and scored, and in the celebration, I couldnt see Chimbonda. I saw a white guy with an Mellberg style beard and a mullet wearing the Chimbonda shirt though.

FIFA is an alright game, its alright at what it does, but its not exactly well researched.

Having not played FIFA Manager, I couldnt comment on which is better, although I'm doubtful EA could create a managerial game better than FM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnerfan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by metropolistechnique:

Fifa is for people who have never played football, and shout inane things at football matches like... "Kick a goal" and the like. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Coached youth games, have you? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't follow you...

My point is FIFA does not 'aim' to be realistic. Pro Evo does.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

Am I the only one that doesn't know what? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't either. But whatever it is FIFA gets it and FM doesn't. So there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sad Git:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

Am I the only one that doesn't know what? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't either. But whatever it is FIFA gets it and FM doesn't. So there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The you know what is the nation that we can't play, because only fifa has been licensed it.

You cannot compare FIFA and Fottball Manager, miles apart.

FM and SI are the best at these games and always will be.....well BGS did make a good effort with CM08 and their progression has been faster than SI so perhaps in 2010 it might be all equal!

imo pro evo doesnt have a very good match engine

i was playing last years one the other day and players just run into each other, free kicks go 400 feet in the air as do shots from 2 yards and the difficulties are stupid, i had it on the second easiest and i could walk past players so i moved it up and the other teams suddenly run faster react quicker than mine even though i had a team of world beaters

Admittedly Pro Evo 6 wasn't great, it was known to be a transitional edition. Pro Evo 08 is the nuts. Players are slower now, but it's actually realistic, the old game they were all miles too fast, if you compared it to a real game it looked ridiculous.

Also things like first touch etc are much more important, and you actually have to think about touch, balance, control, space, timing of passes, runs etc etc. That's what I'm talking about when I say that you have to think as you would in real life, it rewards people who understand how football works on an intelligent level.

I very rarely have players bumping into each other, only as often as in real life, which is occasionally.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">They're now concentrating on making it easier to score spectacular shots, and that was never what Pro Evo was about. It also seems to be a lot slower these days, so all in all Pro Evo 4 was perfect, Pro Evo 5 was very good but the last couple have been a right let down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Completely agree. PES5 i felt was IT (apart from maybe the nagging fouls) whereas 08 is terrible (it reminds me of FIFA 2000 for some reason)- run, run, sprint, sprint, run towards corner, low cross, goal. Again and again. Teamvision my ar**. Its gone backwards. At least FIFA 08 gives you the opportunity for some (a lttle too) slow build up play.

Regardless FM and FIFA are apples and oranges.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sad Git:

You mean Germany? Or Holland? But all you have to do is *CENSORED!* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed, and logos/packs made by fans are way cooler than official gubbins anyway icon_cool.gif

I find it amusing that EA can't even get the licensing for Holland International team, yet SI has the full licensing for it.

Makes me smile, but also annoys me since I can't play as Holland in the Fifa games for PS2.

As for Fifa Manager. Never played it. I never saw the point in going golfing with my chairmen, and going on a shopping spree with my virtual wife when I should be managing my team.

Fifa Manager seems to be more of like an attempt to mix The Sims, Fifa and FM in all one game. It looks too cluttered up. And my Computer really can't handle the specs of it either. Which shouldn't happen in a management game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom =):

and it is just generally easier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you on, mate?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by creature_from_ottawa:

FM is much more addictive than FIFA.

even if theyre in different genre's,FM's a lot better.

Scientists should be set out on why FM is addictive </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is relative simple - FM have little option to distract your attention - FM have only "hardcore" managment, and this will take you simply into game, and FifaM have many options which can take you away from "only team" managment - thus degrading yours take into game. But this doesnt meant FifaM can be less entertaining than FM. It is simple different wiev of fun.

Archived