Big Job Offers While in Blue Square

While playing game with first patch, I started off unemployed with a rep of pro footballer.

Running all Scottish and English Leagues.

Got a job with Shrewsbury Town in november, who i managed to get relegated. After some good free signings that would have had me challenging for the league 2 title, never mind the blue square league i was now in.

After 3 months in the job, top of the table i got offered the Aberdeen job (12th pos in SPL) I turned it down, a few weeks after that I got offered the Notts Forest Job (19th in Championship) with £400'000 to spend. Knocked that back.

2 Months later got offered the Sheffield United job (8th in Championship) £5'500'000 to spend. Was tempted but was top of league with Shrewsbury, so knocked it back.

Finally in feb that year as i was 11 points clear i got offered the Birmingham City job (18th in Prem League) with £4'000'000 to spend. Knocked it back, simply because i was enjoying my game.

I managed to win the league, but was shocked at the amount of job offeres i go, even though i DIDNT apply for any of them.

Anyone else ge this type of attention, or is that normal if you set yourself as pro footballer rep. I normally do sunday league footballer, but changed it as i started unemployed.

It's definitely down to your reputation. Look at John Barnes in real life, his management record is atrocious (as a Tranmere fan I'm biased!) but yet he managed to get jobs based on his playing record. Same goes for Tony Adams.

It's definitely down to your reputation. Look at John Barnes in real life, his management record is atrocious (as a Tranmere fan I'm biased!) but yet he managed to get jobs based on his playing record. Same goes for Tony Adams.

Im a Celtic fan so i know exactly how you feel!

I'm getting even stranger job offers obviously as a pro footballer, I'm currently in the unibond premier relegation zone in my first season 2 months in and apart from a few good FA Cup results, I'm struggling badly at the moment, yet I've just been offered a job at Watford!

I'm only a pro footballer though, not an international, John Barnes and Tony adams aren't great real life examples really as they're well known former internationals, I'm not set as that, there will be plenty of non league managers that were just simply pro footballers irl that certainly will not be getting these sorts of offers.

I think maybe the pro footballer rep should be split up a bit, you could have been a pro footballer with Raith Rovers all your days, but you'd still be a nobody in the big bad world of football. Most of the guys who made a good living in the likes of the scottish first division are classed as former pro footballers, but all they can get now is regular monday to friday full time jobs.

I got promoted twice with my Luton team to League 1 but before I could play a League 1 game I had been offered about 20 jobs since the conference.

I eventually left to go to Juventus after I told Fiorentina to wait until the end of the season.

Fiorentina must had been gutted when they had gone 3/4 of a season without a manager waiting for me, for me to then say "Nah, Im off to Juve" :p

PS. Im at International Player

No its not down to what reputation you set. when managing lower sides i always set my rep to sunday league footie player, and i still get this type of attention

Really, because i have always played as a lower league team and when i go on a winning run and get promoted or win the league, i never could get a big job offer other than league above my current one. But in FM 10 im being offered EPL Jobs while in Blue Square Premier.

I like it better that way, give you more places to go if you are successful.

Now there is two stinkers as managers, great players in there hey day but they are as thick as the birmingham flyover when it comes to management.

Really, because i have always played as a lower league team and when i go on a winning run and get promoted or win the league, i never could get a big job offer other than league above my current one. But in FM 10 im being offered EPL Jobs while in Blue Square Premier.

I like it better that way, give you more places to go if you are successful.

on FM09, i always started with Sunday league reputation but with Kuwaiti nationality, at the start, i was only offered jobs by clubs on north/south blue square, i played it several times with LLM way, my most big step was:

1- Droylsden, get them promoted 2 leagues, the first one as league winner and the second year in primer square in playoff, the following year was the worst as i got relegated, treated unfairly by the board as my job wasn't safe, so i resigned to take a Torquay job in league two as well, that despite my reputation severed a set-back following relegation, then after decent season with them, i'm offered a job [sorrentto] from Serie C1, the job i couldn't get after relegation with Droylsden.

2- started with Illkeston Town, they were the worst team in the league, i made good start with 9th or 10th place until November but get sacked as new take-over happened and the new chairman wanted his own man, after that i applied for Stafford job and get it at Jan., they were very struggling as a club looking for promotion but they are near from relegation spots, i made some signings and save them with 15th or 16th place, but they were unhappy with that, the following year i get them promoted, then in primer blue square I made good start and close to play off spots after 15 weeks ( i think ), I applied for MK Dons job from League one and they offered me it, so that's was big step.

be aware that reputation clubs could help sometimes, if they are close to your potential reputation, you could be approached.

I've never managed to get offered jobs in any of the FMs.

I was Chesterfield manager on the last one. Took them from League 2 to the Prem, but I never got offered anything by anyone. Not even international football.

Yeah i never got job offers in FM 09 unless i applied for them, but in FM 10 i've yet to apply for a job and i have had 4 or 5 job offers. More realistic i suppose.

when I start a game as Cambridge I always go in as former pro and after even the tiniest bit of success get flooded with job offers! during my first season when i was challenging for promotion, league 2 and championship clubs came calling for my services. i guess its down to reputation as a former pro.

Archived