£10m player ineligible for a year!

Hi,

Just a warning to others - and maybe a need for more in-game notification (im sure the club finance director would want you to be aware of this!!)

I signed Vagner Love in the first window (Aug) of season 2 for £10 million - great bit of business me thinks - however .... i go to include him in the squad for his debut and am told he cant play until next July!!

It appears he was on loan in Brazil, went back to Russia, played 3 games then I signed him ... so technically his 3'rd club in a short time.

The rules fair enough, but im sure that I'd like to appeal it given he played only in Brazil and a couple of games in Russia.

My main grip is that although it would be there in the small print, I jizzed a huge chunk of cash on someone who'll rot for a year.

I think that given the amount of loan deals done in FM 10 - this will affect many deals, so the messaging on screen needs to be visable (i.e. make me click to acknowledge) before the deal gets done...

Hi,

Just a warning to others - and maybe a need for more in-game notification (im sure the club finance director would want you to be aware of this!!)

I signed Vagner Love in the first window (Aug) of season 2 for £10 million - great bit of business me thinks - however .... i go to include him in the squad for his debut and am told he cant play until next July!!

It appears he was on loan in Brazil, went back to Russia, played 3 games then I signed him ... so technically his 3'rd club in a short time.

The rules fair enough, but im sure that I'd like to appeal it given he played only in Brazil and a couple of games in Russia.

My main grip is that although it would be there in the small print, I jizzed a huge chunk of cash on someone who'll rot for a year.

I think that given the amount of loan deals done in FM 10 - this will affect many deals, so the messaging on screen needs to be visable (i.e. make me click to acknowledge) before the deal gets done...

Yes, the message should be visible to help in the process.

Doesn't it tell you in the information box when you are signing him?

It did when I last remember having that issue.

Hi,

Yes I think it does - but you have to read it, and unless you're aware of it of paying close attention, you can easily miss it.

I was just pleased he'd signed so wanted to close the deal.

I think that in any real world transfer deal, the club would be all over this massively important fact, and indeed the player himself may want to know what will happen for the year ahead!

Just think for a bit more realism, you should be able to sort out a 'loan back' deal, appeal it etc....

Hi,

Yes I think it does - but you have to read it, and unless you're aware of it of paying close attention, you can easily miss it.

I was just pleased he'd signed so wanted to close the deal.

I think that in any real world transfer deal, the club would be all over this massively important fact, and indeed the player himself may want to know what will happen for the year ahead!

Just think for a bit more realism, you should be able to sort out a 'loan back' deal, appeal it etc....

Whilst I hate to be that guy but if it tells you but you don't pay attention to it, surely it's nobodies fault but your own?

Whilst I hate to be that guy but if it tells you but you don't pay attention to it, surely it's nobodies fault but your own?

hahah - yeah i know ... buyer beware and all that! :D

Just thought that its not an issue that would bite a real manager on the backside after the deal is done .... my assistant might say 'hay - do you know he cant play for a year?'

It's a bit strange. I'm sure that the FIFA rules state that Vagner Love shouldn't have been allowed to sign for you in the first place until the next season, not just not play. Then again, loans aren't supposed to count, otherwise teams wouldn't loan their reserve and youth players out for a few months all over the place. I'm sure I've seen a load of players who have had two or three loan moves in a season on top of playing for their parent team - IRL, that is.

It's a bit strange. I'm sure that the FIFA rules state that Vagner Love shouldn't have been allowed to sign for you in the first place until the next season, not just not play. Then again, loans aren't supposed to count, otherwise teams wouldn't loan their reserve and youth players out for a few months all over the place. I'm sure I've seen a load of players who have had two or three loan moves in a season on top of playing for their parent team - IRL, that is.

Good point....would be worth checking that out, because he was certainly on loan from his parent club, so im the second club to own his registration...

If you want realism you should try to read through messages before you sign anything.

I signed a certain English midfielder from Man City for £10m + a player they were after for Spurs, was very happy with the deal as the player I let go in the other direction wanted out after being unsettled. Even better, it was on deadline day and I thought I'd pulled off a great bit of dealine day business.

However, for some reason, I was asked to confirm my squad numbers & registration at 1pm on deadline day and could not continue without doing so. The deal went through at about 9pm and then I could not assign this player a squad number for the League. He could play in the cup games and in Europe but could not play in the EPL until January even though the deal was completed comfortable within the deadline. The more frustrating bit was that the player who went in the other direction was immediately assigned a number and was free to play in the league and coincidentally their next game was......at home to me!

All is well and good now but it was a frustrating few months without my main midfielder as well as the defender I'd let go as part of the deal.

The rules say that you can sign for 3 clubs in a year BUT you are only allowed to play for two of those teams in that period. Liverpool somehow got around it with the signing of Javier Macherano (sp) but i am not sure how they were allowed dispensation.

So I assume that I am not able to loan out Vagner Love to play elsewhere this year? - dont think there is an option to offer him back to his former club on loan is there?

Archived