Unable to send player to Feeder Club..Is it a bug?

Hi,

I've tried sending a player to a feeder club and always get the reply that "the proposed transfer has been called off at the last minute due to Westerlo having set their sights on other transfer target"

Is this a bug? Correct me if i'm wrong but I'm thinking that the feeder club would always allow the player I sent to go there on loan. Thanks.

That is wierd.

I'm not accurate if it is bug or not, because I haven't go that far their yet, since i'm waiting for patch 2.

But on former FM games the feeder club always allowed players to go to their team. The loan player might not that frequently used or none at all but that is another matter.

That is wierd.

I'm not accurate if it is bug or not, because I haven't go that far their yet, since i'm waiting for patch 2.

But on former FM games the feeder club always allowed players to go to their team. The loan player might not that frequently used or none at all but that is another matter.

Yes I noticed and agree...So it this considered a bug?? anyone?

Make sure the feeder club is set up to take you're players on loan. Some times affiliated clubs are only set up for commercial purposes and not to trade players.

But if they are set up as a proper feeder club then yes this would certainly seem like a bug.

Make sure the feeder club is set up to take you're players on loan. Some times affiliated clubs are only set up for commercial purposes and not to trade players.

But if they are set up as a proper feeder club then yes this would certainly seem like a bug.

Yes. I'm playing Chelsea and my feeder club is Westerlo from Belgium and the main benefit stated is "To avoid work permit regulations"

check the rules on how many loan players teams in the belgian league are allowed maybe they have the full amount on loan all ready

I'm just a few days into a new season and Westerlo does not have any loan players at their club now. And looking at their transfer history, they did not loan any player up till now.

Could be a bug, or could be a creative decision. When you play as a feeder club you have the option to turn down loans, I guess SI may have decided to allow SIM clubs to reciprocate, which is fine if it stops players who wouldn't play being wasted, but sucks when it affects work permit feeder clubs.

they fixed a similar problem a few years ago when players sometimes wouldn't go to WP feeder clubs, so hopefully they can alter the weighting on this issue so Westerlo won't reject your offers.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to reignite an old debate, but could a possible solution to this being that you have something in your "Team Settings" that is preventing the deal from happening?

I've just noticed that I received loan fees (25% of their total value) for the players I sent on loan to my affiliated clubs (KV Mechelen and Hibernian). This is because in "Team Settings" > "Transfer Options" I have "set default offer to loan asking price" at 25%.

If you have your settings as mine are, then perhaps Westerlo simply couldn't afford the deal? This may be a bug in itself, however, as it seems pretty cheap to charge affiliated clubs a loan fee in the first place!

Hi,

I've tried sending a player to a feeder club and always get the reply that "the proposed transfer has been called off at the last minute due to Westerlo having set their sights on other transfer target"

I've only ever seen this message come up if you have disabled transfers in the first window. Not sure how this would affect feeder club agreements though.

So Neil, what is user to do if they hired a foreign Player that isn't granted a Work permit to do if they can't loan to a feeder club to avoid work permit? Just leave them in your team doing nothing? Sure I quick response would be not hire the player, but what if the user forgot or haven't foreseen that?

So Neil, what is user to do if they hired a foreign Player that isn't granted a Work permit to do if they can't loan to a feeder club to avoid work permit?

If the club that wants the foreign player doesn't already have a feeder club then the deal will fail at the appeal stage assuming it even gets that far. The only other reason i can think of the player not being able to go to the feeder club is because your feeder clubs transfer window is closed. Not all transfer windows are open at the same time.

If the club that wants the foreign player doesn't already have a feeder club then the deal will fail at the appeal stage assuming it even gets that far. The only other reason i can think of the player not being able to go to the feeder club is because your feeder clubs transfer window is closed. Not all transfer windows are open at the same time.

Last time I checked England and Belgium competitions the transfers windows are the exact period, like it is in all over Europe.

Was the player in question in need of a work permit or was he already an EU national? I've noticed now that when sending a player to my Belgian feeder club who isn't in need of a work permit, a small fee is required by the feeder team. It could be that they couldn't afford the fee. Or just that they didn't want the player.

I just assumed that SI decided AI clubs should be allowed to choose who they take on loan - just like we can. I thought it was a realistic (though frustrating) addition to FM. I also did a Chelsea save, and some went to Westerlo, some Westerlo backed out of as per the OP.

If this is not the case, then we have a problem as it definitely CAN NOT be that the feeder club already had too many loans. How do I know this for a fact?

I cheated by adding a manager to take over at Westerlo. I then loaned the players from Chelsea to Westerlo (all three went through) and quit as Westerlo manager.

It would be appreciated if someone from SI could give a definite answer -

Is it a new feature in FM to make it more realistic (in which case it's a thumbs up)? OR is it a bug?

Archived