Foreigners in Russia?

Hey all. I just started managing in Russia, and the rules there states, that you can have a maximum of 6 foreigners.

Then I wondered: what counts as Russians? Is it only russians, or is it also all or some of the old soviet republics

Hey all. I just started managing in Russia, and the rules there states, that you can have a maximum of 6 foreigners.

Then I wondered: what counts as Russians? Is it only russians, or is it also all or some of the old soviet republics

Well, as you understand, people from other USSR republics are not Russian, at least by passport.

The rule stands for: maximum 6 players without Russian citizenship. Although, since in Russia you can have more than one citizenship, some Moldovans, Brazilians, etc can hold a Russian passport as well.

And for example Belarus and Russia have kind of a Federation and Belarus citizens have almost the same rights as the Russinans, so in the game, as I understand, they don't count as legioniers.

Though, for expample, in Ukraine you can only have one citizenship and can't get Russian (or any other) passport without abandoning your Ukrainian one.

Well, as you understand, people from other USSR republics are not Russian, at least by passport.

The rule stands for: maximum 6 players without Russian citizenship. Although, since in Russia you can have more than one citizenship, some Moldovans, Brazilians, etc can hold a Russian passport as well.

And for example Belarus and Russia have kind of a Federation and Belarus citizens have almost the same rights as the Russinans, so in the game, as I understand, they don't count as legioniers.

Though, for expample, in Ukraine you can only have one citizenship and can't get Russian (or any other) passport without abandoning your Ukrainian one.

same in denmark

So basically everyone who's not russian or belarussian count as foreigners?

If they, apart from their national passport (for ex. Moldova) hold also a Russian passport (dual nationality) - limit won't be applied on them. Otherwise - yes, will be count as foreigners.

Seriously? For some reason, I find that hard to believe (not that i'm doubting you)...I will have to check it out tonight.

Is it not 6 foreigners in your starting 11?

You're squad can include as many as you like as far as I'm aware?

Only native Russians or those with Dual Nationality as Russian count as 'home' players in the Russian League. None of the old Soviet nations count.

It can be quite tough in the Russian League, which is why you need to hoover up any outstanding Russian talent immediately before anyone else nabs them. Filling the team with 5 brilliant Brazilians and 6 average Russians will win you the Russian Title, but you won't last long in the Champions League.

I'd suggest operating an expansive scouting network, load up the Belarusian Leagues, Ukrainian Leagues and assign scouts there to look for youth talent (because they speak Russian and can settle easier), sign the kids when they're 16, 17 and by the time they've reached their potential they'll be eligible for Dual Nationality.

played a Belarusian Game on 07 and could play any Russian, Ukrianian, Lithuainian etc as non-foreigners. Their league is similar in that you can only field 4 foreigner players. I did find it strange though that after 4/5 years some of my foreign players were no longer counted as that (without dual nationality), some too dual nationality and some bought at the same time were still foreign?!

Archived