Inflexible player behaviour at set pieces

Thought I'd put this out there as a question, before suggesting it might need work, etc, to see if others have seen the same thing.

For set pieces, my players position themselves as instructed. However, players who are not directly inolved in the set piece seem to be very inflexible as to where they postion themselves on the pitch.

For example, players told to stay back for an attacking corner or free kick will stay right back, generally in a nice formation around the centre circle. Equally, players told to stay up for a defensive corner, will do the same, even if there are no opposition players anywhere near. There seems to be very little scope as to how these players behave. It's a little bit 'stand-by-your-beds'. I would expect them to adopt a much more flexible approach, moving into space to pick up any clearances, and most importantly filling the large gap that's always left between the pentaly box and the centre circle.

Is this normal. Is there a way, I can get my players to stay back, but move into the gaps, if there is/isn't a threat?

It seems to apply equally to CPU sides as it does to human tactics.

Hope this makes sense! Any thoughts?

I would like them to add to the wizard in terms of Set-pieces... maybe give us simple options like defending corners: (drop down list)Zonal mark, Man mark, Default

(indent won't work------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)Men on post: Yes, No

and i'm sure there is more that can be added! I know they already adjust(i think) when your on overload or contain... eg 2 players in area on attacking corners on contain compared to many on overload

Archived