problem in defending corners

You do know you can asign every player in a certain area in the tactics right.....

Just go to you tactics screen and search for an option

EDIT:

Click on views in the tactic screen (just above your GK's rating), and in the bottom there should be defending corner option

Is there any option available where i can set the tactics for defending corners for the whole team(team instruction). I am able to assign individually. I need team instruction for defending corners.

You do know you can asign every player in a certain area in the tactics right.....

Just go to you tactics screen and search for an option

EDIT:

Click on views in the tactic screen (just above your GK's rating), and in the bottom there should be defending corner option

Mate....you have to set where you want your every player to be during corners & free-kicks (attacking and defending)......I am not sure what you mean.....

There are no team instructions for that.....hmmmm....well those are team instructions.

If you are having trouble with english I will try like this:

EXAMPLE: if you are playing 4-4-2

Set your DC's to mark tall players

Set your DR,DL to stand on posts

Set your faster SC forward

Set your MC's to back

Set your ML,MR to mark small players

Set your remaining SC to back

...and those are your team instructions.

As an extension to this, can anyone comment on, or suggest a solution, as to why players asked to 'Stay Forward' for defensive corners automatically go and stand on the halfway line - either on the centre circle, or where the halfway line meets the touchline - and never drop in to the large gap left between them and the rest of their teammates defending the corner in the penalty box?

As an extension to this, can anyone comment on, or suggest a solution, as to why players asked to 'Stay Forward' for defensive corners automatically go and stand on the halfway line - either on the centre circle, or where the halfway line meets the touchline - and never drop in to the large gap left between them and the rest of their teammates defending the corner in the penalty box?

My guess is they are looking to be in as advanced a position on the pitch as possible, without being called offside if the ball comes out to them and give themselves as short a distance as possible to the opposition goal to run for a shot.

Possibly, but it seems too rigid. If I have 8 men back with 'defensive' instructions - on post, mark man, etc - and tell 3 players to stay up why do ALL THREE take up really advanced positions leaving, as I say, this gap. Surely 1 or 2 should push right up with one dropping in between them and the box. Unless there's an instruction for this that I'm missing, it just seems a bit silly.

Exactly the same thing happens for defending free kicks and, inversely, for attacking corners and FKs, for players asked to stay back.

I'm inclined to suggest that this is a match engine issue and, unless I'm being really stupid (which is possible!), I can't believe others aren't really bringing this up as a big problem.

Archived