Computer team weird substitutions?

Don't know if anyone else has noticed this in FM10, but the AI seems to make a hell of a lot of substitutes during the first half of matches, two is common, three happens quite a lot too.

I can kind of understand this if the computer team is being slaughtered, or if an opposition player gets injured, but it seems to happen ALL the time.

Lets be honest, how many first half substitutions do you ever see in matches?

yeah, ive had a few, i was playing QPR in the FA cup and they had a player that was playing 8.2 with 1 goal (i was losing 1-0) they took him off after 35 minutes, and i turned it round and won 3-1.

ive also seen teams sub goalies at half time, fit players playing well etc. seems strange

I've seen worse than this. In the first half of a game between Man Utd and Aston Villa, Villa had a man sent off. So they're down to 10 men and Utd are on top. About 10 mins later, Gabby Agbonlahor gets injured and is unable to continue. Rather than replace him, Villa do absolutely nothing. They haven't used any subs at this point, but they don't throw anyone on in his place. Meaning I'm now playing against 9. Over the course of the game, Villa do use all 3 substitutions, and all 3 of them are for players on the pitch, whilst continuing to play with 9 men instead of 10.

I was very baffled, and rather depressed at my inability to win by more than 2-1.

Archived