Tactical advise- before a game kicks off...?

So, before its kick-off and you see what the other teams formation is. Is it possible for maybe a member of your staff to tell you of a good counter formation so you could oppose their one.

i use 4-4-2[man utd] and was up against altrincham,something like that[blue square premiership]. They used something like 3-5-2. I was told in match that they had lots of players in the middle of pitch and was being bit difficult for myplayers.

Would have been great if someone from my staff recommended a good opposing formation.

Hope someone can help me with this subject.

Thank you

n.b- 1st FM game for me but am familar with footy/sims. Havent played one for aggeessss, this game RUULLLESSSSS, The interface is ACEEEEEEEEE :)))))))))

So, before its kick-off and you see what the other teams formation is. Is it possible for maybe a member of your staff to tell you of a good counter formation so you could oppose their one.

i use 4-4-2[man utd] and was up against altrincham,something like that[blue square premiership]. They used something like 3-5-2. I was told in match that they had lots of players in the middle of pitch and was being bit difficult for myplayers.

Would have been great if someone from my staff recommended a good opposing formation.

Hope someone can help me with this subject.

Thank you

n.b- 1st FM game for me but am familar with footy/sims. Havent played one for aggeessss, this game RUULLLESSSSS, The interface is ACEEEEEEEEE :)))))))))

Welcome to the FM family then :)

It's not quite as simple as formation A > Formation B, so having backroom staff suggesting diffeent formations for each match wouldn't really mean anything.

That's why the focus is instead on pointing out the other clubs strengths - working out how to counter those has led to literally thousands of tactical discussions both on this forum and others.

As a new user to FM i'd certainly recommend taking a look at the Tacticla Forum here, as well as some of the other community sites that have built up alongside FM.

FM- Britain, Los Wonderkids, etc.

Againts a 3-5-2 stick to your normal 4-4-2 but play down the wings as they have no cover in their fullback areas. This should be enough to punish them. Or just play as you normally do. They might have more midfielders but you should have the better midfield.

great startegies from 18-WATP-73, www2.

Thank you for your reply also Spinsaweb. Very welcoming :)

This games AWESOME. Like to tell a friend to get this though he has only the 360xbox. Think its incredible on the pc :D.

See ya guys, off into game again. Day 5-6 [season 1] hehe. Think i found a game that i dont have to worry with how long i play on it though I wonder how much of game i will actually get through haha. Im managing everything in it and having load-a-fun doing this also.

Bb xD

great startegies from 18-WATP-73, www2.

Thank you for your reply also Spinsaweb. Very welcoming :)

This games AWESOME. Like to tell a friend to get this though he has only the 360xbox. Think its incredible on the pc :D.

See ya guys, off into game again. Day 5-6 [season 1] hehe. Think i found a game that i dont have to worry with how long i play on it though I wonder how much of game i will actually get through haha. Im managing everything in it and having load-a-fun doing this also.

Bb xD

Oh the entusiasm......I remember it well, the year was 1997, and I just got my self CM 97.... :)

If you are new ti CM/FM than you are going to curse the day you first put your hands on it, thrust me.

Its a life consuming piece of software.....soon you will find out you have no social life, unless you count your relationship with a bunch of dots (rooney, giggs, vidic etc.)

:(

Oh the entusiasm......I remember it well, the year was 1997, and I just got my self CM 97.... :)

If you are new ti CM/FM than you are going to curse the day you first put your hands on it, thrust me.

Its a life consuming piece of software.....soon you will find out you have no social life, unless you count your relationship with a bunch of dots (rooney, giggs, vidic etc.)

:(

"thrust me"

no thanks :)

haha,

thought the notebook i got free with FM wasnt that good as it got certain template for lots of pages. Then after a few days i thought, im just gonna write on it the way id like to use it for. I just use a s a notebook forgetting about the [date, ground, conditions, temperature, weather...cards yellow-red...] This log book is a necessity for me now. I like how you can write comments in game though i think im just gonna use this FM book i got with game.

I know what your saying about it eating up your social life and that, lol. I think that its important anyway to know how many hoursis fine to play on games for and so maybe, just maybe. If i keep everything in this game organised and aslong as i have a good hold of things in my go im playing on. hopefully i dont have to have 8 hour sessions all the time but ony 2hr or 4 even 1hr sesh if i feel like having a dabble in the game. Though 8 hr sessions are FUUNNNNN. lol.

got to go, need to disipline welbeck for asking to much money in his new contract ;P. I might go for the slap on face interaction ;D

Archived