Too many penalties?

Hi guys.

Long time reader, first time complainer.

Not sure if this belongs in GD or Bugs forum, but will leave it in GD, as somebody smart may sugegst its my tactics :p (Have also searched the forum for existing posts of this nature, and couldnt find one, so sorry if this has already been discussed)

After starting a new save in FM10 with Atalanta in Serie A (only the second time i started a save in italy in CM/FM history), i noticed the following.

- Having set my players to agressive tackling (always have in my previous CM/FM saves), the first 3 games of the season (1 cup, 2 league) consisted of 3 penalties being given away and 5 red cards produced against my defenders

- Thinking that this was a change as a result of the new tactics wizard/updated match engine, I restared the save to just before these 3 games and changed my tactics to Stand Off and default tackling (sliders were effectivekly in the middle). This resulted in conceding 2 penalties in 4 games, and 3 red cards produced.

One thing I must note is that after watching the incident in the first scenario in 3D, my left back conceded the penalty by staying on his feet and cleanly knocking the ball away from the opposing striker.

Now, since SI have included new animations in the 3D for a better representation of whats happening in the match engine, i would assume that this is what actually happened. If so, I think Sir Alex Ferguson has a point when questioning referreeing decisions.

Nedless to say, I was given a warning by the FA when complaining.

I would like to see how other people are faring, particularly in the Serie A

i personally have not had many nor conceded many, in 3 seasons in epl with wolves i have had 8 penalties and conceded 9, i have also only had 3 red cards. What are your defenders like, compsure, marking tackling etc, also preferred moves, do they have dive into tackles etc?

Archived