Question about Graphics Cards

I have a brand new computer that has been playing the game perfectly. Really quick, smooth and super enjoyable. Iv'e been playing the game today for around 7 hours then all of a sudden, during a match, the game freezes. I cant do anything to get away from this frozen screen without turning the computer off and on again. I load it up again and it happens again. I load it up a third time and i get through the match, albeit with the match engine stuttering. Then in the next game it happens again.

Ive tried reverting back to the classic 2d view and this works fine. Does anybody have an idea what may have happened. Could my computer or graphics card just need a rest from FM and everthing be fine again tomorrow? I have turned it off for an hour and tried again but the same thing kept happening.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Whats your processor and how much ram have you got? You could possibly try upgrading both directx and your graphics card drivers which you'll get from the manufacturer of your card.

I have a Packard Bell ixtreme M3720, 4.00 gb RAM, 64 BIT operating system, and 4 processor cores. I have an NVIDIA GeForce G220 Graphics Card, with the latest update from nvidia (8.16.11.9107) and my version of direct x is Direct x 10.

Does this help or do you need more info??

Cheers

Can anybody help? Ive just loaded up my game today and straight away its happened again. The game freezes and i cant do anything other than turn the computer off by holding down on the power button. I'm guessing it cant be to do with over heating then as the PC has been off since last night. For my computer to run the game like a dream since i recieved my copy of the game then for this to start happening after a 7 hour stint on the game is annoying.

Right, hopefully this will be the last time i have to write something on this subject because i deleted the save game i was playing, started a new game save and the 3d match engine was fine for my first friendly. Could it be possible that there was just an error with that last save file and everything should go back to normal???

Archived