Intermittent Graphical problem with 3d

I sometimes, and usually only towards the end of 3d matches, get a stuttering visual - much like it is only showing 1 frame in every 3 frames - if that makes sense. I have looked in the advised places but this, mainly due to the intermittant nature, does not seem to be mentioned. I love this game but this is slightly spoiling my enjoyment. Please help me!

I sometimes, and usually only towards the end of 3d matches, get a stuttering visual - much like it is only showing 1 frame in every 3 frames - if that makes sense. I have looked in the advised places but this, mainly due to the intermittant nature, does not seem to be mentioned. I love this game but this is slightly spoiling my enjoyment. Please help me!

...or if someone can point me in the direction of the right thread elsewhere...

Great, now I have had a system fail with the Crash Dump FM2010 v10.1.0.84702 message. Looks like this is part of a bigger more serious problem. You know what, for one week I thought I had found the best FM/CM/PM footy management game ever. Right now as I test some more I am thinking about getting CM0102 out of its storage rack again. If that happens, shame on you SI ! BUt either way I will be playing a good reliable footy management game into the future - it just may not be the "Polished" one I recently purchased! (and before you ask, having seen the benefits of a proper tactical interface, ie the one Millie & wwfan made to save your game from its anal mechanics, I am not prepared to revert to the awful slider tweaking days of the last 3 years either).

OK I'll be honest I had CM0102 out of its rack and I today read the Leeds Utd FM09 thread (was loving my FM10 save game til my troubles), but as a last chance I have disabled / turned off crowds. Early days but it looks like it may have worked. Come on SI, though, I should be able to enjoy that extra on what is a year old PC with a reasonable "domestic" spec. If it was an issue that can be patched I would love to know about the future plans to do so. And I am still concerned about the crash dump error noted earlier in the thread.....Anyway onwards & forwards - "United- LEEEDS"!

Post your specs. Tell us your processor and speed, How much ram you've got and what type of graphics card you have. While you do this it might be a good idea to upgrade your graphics card driver which you'll get from the manufacturer of your graphics card.

I am having the same problems. I am running just FM 2010 and it is going so slowly its unreal. I have un-installed it because it has peeved me off so much.

Here is my specs for my laptop:

Model: Acer Aspire 5335

* Intel celeron processor 575 (2.0 GHz, 667 Mhz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache)

* Up to 220 MB Mobile Intel graphics media accelerator 4500M

* 1GB DDR2

* 160 GB HDD

Surely thats good enough to run FM 2010 at a good speed instead of the stupid slowness I am currently getting :(

Post your specs. Tell us your processor and speed, How much ram you've got and what type of graphics card you have. While you do this it might be a good idea to upgrade your graphics card driver which you'll get from the manufacturer of your graphics card.

This is a little frustrating, had to do this for FM09 as well!. However I do appreciate the offer of help so...

AMD Phenom 8450 Triple Core Processor 2.10 Ghz

3.00 GB RAM

NVIDIA Geforce 8200

Vist Home Premium (Service pack 1)

32 bit

By the way, turning off crowds has helped but not totally solved the problem. The stuttery frames is now only happeneing very late in a match - and sometimes not at all. It is like the cumulative match-specific info overloads the memory - not sure if that is possible though! Another side effect of this during stuttering time is that when you click on pause/play in match it often does not register, you have to time it with the stuttering frames to get the correct effect.

Thanks in advance.

Still happening, windowed made it worse! Another crash - only 2 so far but not exactly good is it? To cap it all I did a player search (from Phillipe Mexes) and it gave me a page of Bovilians with 0.0Kg weight, 0.0M height - but with actual values, should I want to sign them, but they had no names and were un "clickable" - is this a new bug, and is it like planets (ie if you find a new one they name it after you?)

Seriously thinking of ditching this farse of a game.

I am having the same problems. I am running just FM 2010 and it is going so slowly its unreal. I have un-installed it because it has peeved me off so much.

* 1GB DDR2

* 160 GB HDD

Surely thats good enough to run FM 2010 at a good speed instead of the stupid slowness I am currently getting :(

1GB is not enough to run the game. I would suggest you get between 2 to 3.

* 1GB DDR2

* 160 GB HDD

This is a little frustrating, had to do this for FM09 as well!. However I do appreciate the offer of help so...

AMD Phenom 8450 Triple Core Processor 2.10 Ghz

3.00 GM RAM

NVIDIA Geforce 8200

Vist Home Premium (Service pack 1)

32 bit

Download sp2. I cant remember exactly but I think that there might even be an sp3 for vista now.

Download sp2. I cant remember exactly but I think that there might even be an sp3 for vista now.

Thanks, trekman, for that. I really must do that although I keep reading how others have done all this and still have the bug - I suspect it is to do with my intiating with the large database which would mean my save game is just "broken", I fear.

Probably updated your graphics card drivers. Also check that your DirectX is the latest version as this affects performance too.

Thanks. I am very disappointed that I need to update a PC's systems (I do not have a direct broadband link so connecting is a pain!) when the PC is less than a year old, just to be able to play FM10 properly - but maybe that shows my ignorance, or at least naivety, of how PC's "work" now days.

Just found another bug (not a game breaker), I have Cory Evans on Loan from Man Utd at Leeds, a news update on his injury situation states he is transfer listed at leeds but desires to stay.

A/ I cannot transfer list a loanee from ANother club!

B/ Man United have not transfer listed him anyway - transfer status "unknown".

Could this thread now be linked/moved to the bugs forum please?

Updating your PC is completely normal - it's age is irrelevant, it's the age of the drivers that matters and often PC's are shipped with older versions. Think of it as like getting your car serviced - if you don't do it, your car breaks down (love the car analogies).

Suggest you start a specific thread in the bugs forum rather than move this.

Cheers

Matt

Unreal! The saga goes on. Sadly the intermittant freeze framing was not solved. So downloaded Servicepack 2 for Vista. This corrupted my Graphic card driver (or something) so after an expensive phone call to PC World (they were very helpful) I am now restored & upgraded as much as possible - the problem does not look like it has been solved though. I will test some more. EVERY time I do any kind of "simple" upgrade it always goes t!ts up - one day I will take a game out of a box & play it and it will work as intended - I can dream cant I? Rant over!

Heh - got to love PC's.

A simple "Windows Update" shouldn't have a negative effect on your GFX driver...

I'd also suggest updating DirectX - as explained in the FAQ here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=158970

Cheers

Matt

Yeah, my last Post was a dig at PC's in general not at SI's games - or anyone elses games either. You have so many different brands of components making up the many brands of PC's on the market, there is always a chance of some serious compatibility issue. May I make this suggestion though, PC World are probably the leading supplier of domestic PC's so SI should buy 1 of each of their current models, including new models as added to their range for testing purposes. This way any SI game will instantly (if tested properly!) be compatible with the majority of PC's "out there", also it is the PC World shoppers (ie Plebs like me!) who are least likely to be able to resolve techy issues on their own. The bloke that builds his PC in his shed will no doubt be able in a weekend to make any FM game work on his machine by tinkering / upgrading.

As a footnote, have now updated Vista, DirectX & my graphic drivers to the latest versions - 3d matches still stutter! Tonight I went back to FM09 (hate the sliders, but oh well!) and actually realised that there is little difference between my perception of FM10 "stuttering" and FM09 working properly..., also that game looks really quite naff after 3 weeks of FM10 (Demo & full release) so I have been left with 2 choices - Cm0102 (still tempting to be honest!) or FM10 using 2d match graphics. Ive gone for the latter.....for now! Shame though, 3d had so much promise. Can anyone confirm my suspicion that starting with the largest dbase is the issue here, as suggested elsewhere?

OK I'll be honest I had CM0102 out of its rack and I today read the Leeds Utd FM09 thread (was loving my FM10 save game til my troubles), but as a last chance I have disabled / turned off crowds. Early days but it looks like it may have worked. Come on SI, though, I should be able to enjoy that extra on what is a year old PC with a reasonable "domestic" spec. If it was an issue that can be patched I would love to know about the future plans to do so. And I am still concerned about the crash dump error noted earlier in the thread.....Anyway onwards & forwards - "United- LEEEDS"!
Ive had that same crash dump once,and it was when i played the game on steam (not saying it's a steam issue btw)(it's not crashed since i stopped playing via steam either) and ive also had the stuttering in my game (about 10% of the games i play stutter)it's annoying to say the least.I have a more then capable PC aswell to play FM10.

Well that's an easy theory to test - start a 1 division game and see. I somewhat doubt it to be honest.

Have you tried running in windowed mode? And perhaps turning off stadium detail - this made a difference on my laptop, which is very low-spec admittedly.

Tried 1 Country / small dbase, same happened. Tried turning off crowds - no improvement. I think I have tried everything now - or have I..?

Am very disappointed to be honest, end up playing part of a match in 3d (sometimes it starts OK until sort of 45 / 60 minute stage, though often it stutters from the start). When that is apparant I switch to 2d. It is clear a lot of work of SI went into the new 3d - it can look fantastic, but to me right now it is just a new feature I cannot use reliably. Am wondering which is more fun, FM10 with all this faffing about & disappointment or the reliable if basic joys of CM0102. Even this problematic FM10 is better that FM09 (that 3d has been really proven poor by the latest versions "good moments"), and the FM10 running as 2d beats my previous favourite FM (FM06) in every department. Perhaps I am now a 2d convert? but lurking within this game is so, so much more. Such a shame.

Well that's an easy theory to test - start a 1 division game and see. I somewhat doubt it to be honest.

Have you tried running in windowed mode? And perhaps turning off stadium detail - this made a difference on my laptop, which is very low-spec admittedly.

Matt, I dont want to sound like a d!ck but I have read this post of yours:

"Update your graphics card drivers and directX - that should solve your problem I think. "

and others to similar effect in a few other threads all on the first page of this forum and I can vouch that this does not work for me.

So although this advice may help many it is not failproof - I kind of feel that should be expressed to these other poor souls who are where I was 48 hours ago. I agree its better to get them to try this as it may succede hence i am not posting in their threads with what could be perceived as negativity. I feel this is a snowballing issue that may require a patch before Xmas (I hope a patch will suffice!!!), or is an issue that may require better consideration of what exactly constitutes "minimum" & hence "reasonable" PC spec. If my PC was a piece of trash I would be less sore about this. :-(

I KNow this has been mainly a one man thread and many Posts have been a bit "glass half empty"...however after many matches in 2d mode I have now found a workaround for 3d TV view. Firstly I was enjoying 2d though I felt a lttle cheated of not using 3d, but it gave me one big problem - I have lots of windows of in match stats displays open - it is how I monitor my team in-match, on 3d TV widescreen this is fine, they fit well at the sides of the screen but in 2d they are always in the way so have to be minimised. This hampers my managerial performance. So I have persisted with 3d experiments, here is my workaround.

(bear in mind I like extended highlights)

Crowd turned off (although I found this made little difference anyway). Knock down from extended to key highlights. reduce match speed to about 25% from the default 50% (when all was working unstuttery 60% was my ideal speed). And thats it. Hope that helps someone.

Archived