What PC spec do I need to run LOTS of leagues VERY fast???

Hey y'all,

I want to know what PC spec I would need to play the following leagues and for it to run pretty fast:

England (Prem - Level 8 or 9)

Scotland (SPL)

France (Ligue1)

Holland (top 2 divs)

Germany (Bundesliga - Regional Ligas)

Spain (La Liga - Secunda)

Italy (Seria A - Serie C2)

Russia (Top 2 divs)

Norway (Top 2 divs)

Sweden (Top 2 divs)

Denmark (Top 2 divs)

Romania (Top div)

Belgium (Top 2 divs)

Portugal (Top div)

Austria (Top div)

Poland (Top div)

Switzerland (Top 2 divs)

Turkey (Top div)

Ukraine (Top div)

Croatia (Top div)

Maybe a few other from Europe like Serbia, Czech Rep, Bulgaria

USA (MLS, USL, PDL)

Canada (CSL)

Mexico (Top div)

Brazil (top 3 divs)

Argentina (top 2 divs)

plus top div from 2 or 3 other South American nations

Japan (J-League - J2)

Korea (K-League)

plus top div from 2 other Asian nations

plus top div from 3-5 African nations

I'm going to purchase a new PC so want to know what I'll need to get in order run the above listed leagues at a good speed.

Cheers.

Unless you have a budget of thousands then that won't be a fast set up. If it does then Alienware are the bets you can get.

Cheers for the reply, but I mean what Specification will I need, not what company.

I ran about 2/3rds of the above mentioned leagues last year on an Intel Core2Duo with 4gb memory and it was OK, not fast just ok.

I'm thinking of getting either an Intel Quad Core CPU or an AMD Phenom Quad X4.

Does anybody run as many leagues as I mentioned above, on what spec PC? How fast? Loading times?

Its supposed to be - but if you read the threads where people say they are having problems - its full of three sets of people:

1) Idiots with under powered machines whining it doesnt work

2) Mac owners

3) People with massively powerful systems that should run the game no more difficultly than playing pong - but seem to struggle for no apparant reason.

Yeah, it uses 4 cores. Get an i5 and overclock it. It's an easy one to overclock and you don't need insane cooling solutions. Literally 5 seconds in the bios and I can overclock mine up to 3.4Ghz and no doubt I could easily push it further but I can't be bothered doing stability tests. To be fair I put mine back down to stock speeds just to save power since it tears through everything I need it to anyway.

I'm running about 20 leagues or something and a large database and have a 4 star speed rating.

Not everyone can afford a powerful PC, and a lot of them are valid problems (about one in 3 granted but still)

I shall rephrase.

Poor unfortunate people who cannot afford a semi decent PC who are BLIND and INCAPABLE of reading the mimium system requirements and STILL buy the game and whine they cant play it.

better?

Not really!! I think people forget that a large number of FM fans aren't PC gamers or enthusiasts or particularly well off. There's still plenty of people out there who think a new PC game/ software program will run on any PC built in the last 10 years. Yes, I know people should read the minimum specs but they don't just like people don't read instructions. Human nature!

Im sorry - what part of your statement doesnt make mine true? I dont go out buying things for my car that I dont know about - I know bugger all about cars - I dont suddenly decide to go and buy BMW bumpers for my peugot.

Why on earth do people think that ignorance is an excuse?

Thats fine - but whoes fault is it when the game doesnt work.

I come back to my first statement:

1) Idiots with under powered machines whining it doesnt work

Its not SIs fault the game doesnt work on their PC - its only their own. I had a massively underpowered laptop for ages - its probably why I know something about PCs now, I had to pick and choose what I bought and how I used it.

Windows 7, Quad Core processor, 8GB RAM. And you're done. :D
You should buy an i7 extreme processor with 12 GB of RAM installed

Remember though that with that amount of ram you'll also need a 64bit operating system. I actally read remarks from one of the fm staff on a thread a few days ago that said because fm is a 32bit application that it doesnt use more than 2gb ram so I really dont think you need all that ram for fm.

I've got ALL leagues and nations running and playable. My desktop isn't the best you can buy but it's still pretty quick (certainly quicker than my laptop for FM09 with a lot less leagues running).

Core 2 Duo E8400, 8 Gigs of Ram etc... cost me about $1,100 Aussie Dollars. That's about 600 lovely English pounds.

Cheers for your input again guys... I've already got 4gb of RAM (ddr2) in my current PC so that will save me money... and then purchase either an Intel Code2Quad or AMD Phenom X4... and hopefully Bob will be my uncle???

Cheers for your input again guys... I've already got 4gb of RAM (ddr2) in my current PC so that will save me money... and then purchase either an Intel Code2Quad or AMD Phenom X4... and hopefully Bob will be my uncle???

If you're buying a new system and hoping to put in parts from your old one you will have to make sure that the new system's motherboard is compatible with your old parts. So you will have to buy a new computer with DDR2 memory slots, rather than DDR3. Furthermore, you'll want to make sure that the DDR2 RAM in each system runs at the same speed or one will just end up slowing the other down.

Be careful if you upgrade to an intel chip. The i7, and I think the i5, quad cores only use DDR3 ram. Upgrading to either of those is a bit of a waste anyway, in my opinion, because there are rumours that a true intel 8 core CPU will be coming out early next year and if this is the case i7 and i5 prices will plummit.

I'm running a q6700 quad core and 8gb of ram with about 10 leagues running and my speed is acceptable. Although that statement is ridiculously subjective! Also the q6700 is still shown to be one of the fastest quad cores around and is a reasonable price so I don't believe there is any reason to buy an overpriced i7 and chuck away your DDR2 ram.

The only way to run all those leagues very fast is:

1. wait 10-20 years

2. Buy a top of the line computer

3. PROFIT!!

or...buy a top of the line computer now and run 10-15 leagues. Its not going to be lightning fast but its playable.

Apparently no computer will run that right now :p as people are getting crashes because of memory leaks and SI have advised not loading more then 8-10 league and prefferably to be on Medium db size to be on the safe side as otherwise your more likely to crash :D

That's not entirely true, I'm running around 15 leagues on a Large db and it's completely fine. Never experienced a crash and I still get a great performance (3.5 star performance). I'm pretty sure I could run the leagues of the OP with a decent-ish performance. I have an Intel quad-core Q9550 and 8GB DDR2, which is all over a year old hardware and wouldn't be that expensive anymore by now. You'll burn through FM10 with that setup.

I've already produced decent game with a lot of leagues, click here

you just need to avoid leagues with a lot of groups like Brazil 3rd division or last division from Sweden.

l think you need at least Core 2 duo 2.0, plus Video Card 512MB not shared.

don't know if the RAM would help to speed the game or not.

It comes from the fact that 32-bit Windows has a 2GB memory limit per process.

Right - and your point is?

Dont forget that a pc will be using about 2 gig for the operating system and about 2 gig for the game for a total of 3.12gig (just checked on the microsoft site for that number) so having 4 gig of ram on a 32bit opperating system is very important - because if you have only 2 gig - then 1 will be tied up with the operating system and you will only have 1 left for the game...

The again if you are using a PAE enabled system you can use far more than 4 gig of ram even with 32bit vista.

Yeah, it uses 4 cores. Get an i5 and overclock it. It's an easy one to overclock and you don't need insane cooling solutions. Literally 5 seconds in the bios and I can overclock mine up to 3.4Ghz and no doubt I could easily push it further but I can't be bothered doing stability tests. To be fair I put mine back down to stock speeds just to save power since it tears through everything I need it to anyway.

I'm running about 20 leagues or something and a large database and have a 4 star speed rating.

Just to keep off topic:D well actually because I noticed this, my new PC arrives next week, i5 and I paid £40 for them to over clock it to 3.4.

The point is you asked where the 2GB limit came from and I told you. No need to be a tool about it.

God what is up with people just randomly insulting people? If someone disagrees with you in real life do you call them a 'tool' - I bet you dont because after a week or so you wouldnt have any teeth left.

My original post on this was not to 'annoy' people - but to point out that giving misleading information (eg 32bit vista only uses 2 gig of ram) is simply ill informed and detrimental for people. YES it does only use this per task - however telling someone its not worth having more than 2gig of ram is simply wrong and that is my point.

Just because you pointed out the blindingly obvious reason, doesnt detract from the fact that your answer was no more helpful that the previous incorrect answer.

God what is up with people just randomly insulting people? If someone disagrees with you in real life do you call them a 'tool' - I bet you dont because after a week or so you wouldnt have any teeth left.

My original post on this was not to 'annoy' people - but to point out that giving misleading information (eg 32bit vista only uses 2 gig of ram) is simply ill informed and detrimental for people. YES it does only use this per task - however telling someone its not worth having more than 2gig of ram is simply wrong and that is my point.

Just because you pointed out the blindingly obvious reason, doesnt detract from the fact that your answer was no more helpful that the previous incorrect answer.

Well excuse me for answering a question. I never stated anything about it not being worth having more than 2GB RAM, I am aware of how memory management works under Windows. You said "where this 2 gig comes from I will never know!" and I answered that, now you just seem to want to argue. Argue with someone else.

Archived