FM10 3D matches running slow with Win 7 64-bit

I've just installed Win7 64-bit, and found that the game is now running very slowly, especially during 3d matches. I have a dual screen setup, and usually play FM in a windowed mode on one screen and have something else opened on another. Running like this is pretty much impossible with Win7, so I tried playing full screen, which is a bit better, but still quite slow.

I had no problem with that same setup on WinXP 32-bit. Has anyone tried this and have any fixes?

Thanks.

i had to swtich from my win 7 x64bit back to xp i just couldnt run the game it kept crashing the graphics had black lines through it and was extremely frustrating!!! esp as i have just bought a new intel i5 build

i have a feeling it was something to with the graphics card i have (geforce 9800gt) think theres some compatabilty issues with 7 itself!

but overall Windows 7 that was installed on my new pc was very shoddy and unstable - even the internet kept crashing!!I dont think 7 is ready yet personally! tempted to reinstall 7 just to check that the people who made the pc installed things correcty but not impressed with it!

I find that if I have firefox running in the background the 3d match runs slower. Seems like the game has memory leak issues cos i've never had a problem with running FM until this version.

The fact your running duel screen seems to bolster this theory

To Velvetsky

Nothing wrong with Win 7 apart from some compatibility issues with older cards - i certainly don't have any stability isssues and i have an older machine, if anything it runs better

ru running the 64bit version?

maybe its the installation then - but things dont run as smooth as they should....

I am running Windows 7 64-bit and I have no issues with the 3D match engine in FM 2010.

My GPU is an Nvidia 9800 GT.

I bought my copy of Windows 7 off Amazon and it is the Home Premium Edition. I did a clean installation on my system which previously was running Vista 32-bit.

Yes I'm running the 64 bit version - i have a rubbish radeon 1650 and only 2 GB of ram with a duel core 2 GHz Athlon chip and like i said no problems whatsoever apart from the game running slow with firefox running in the background.

Defo the game at fault not Win 7

I'm having no problems at all with Win7 64-bit, game (and everything else I've tried to do) runs like a charm. I have 8GB RAM and 1GB GTS 250. I've had it running in both full-screen (1920x1080) and windowed mode - haven't tried running dual screen yet though.

Well, other than this game, Win 7 has been great so far for me. Perhaps it is a memory issue, I'm not sure. I hope this is addressed in the next patch.

Yes, it seems to take loads of memory while playing, using up a lot of CPU. Having firefox running as well seems to affect it a lot, running other programs as well as FM was never a problem until FM 2010.

Archived