FM 2010, should i wait for patch,

or did they actually finish it and perfect it for all intensive purposes before releasing it, for once?

All the other FM games had major problems when they came out, and those problems didn't get fixed for about half a year. Problems with the match engine, huge problems, problems with marking, problems with the transfer system, basically most of the more important elements of the game were unrealistic, buggy, and problematic. Is that the case here, or is this year different?

What I really need to know is that, aside from the updated database in FM2010, is FM 2010's 1st patch a better game than FM2009's 9.3 patch?

Please advise if I should buy FM2010 now or wait to see if they ever fix it, if it does indeed need fixing.

I've heard lots of people having trouble with crash dumps and other bugs i.e. penalty shoot out's in which you lose yet still win (a problem which still hasn't been fixed from 09). I'm of the personal opinion of that it usually takes 2 or 3 patches for the game to be playable and I see no difference this year. I'll be waiting until at least the second patch has been released and whether or not it's playable. If it's not i'll wait for patch 3 and if that hasn't fixed the bugs I won't bother. Nothing worse than spending a lot of time on a save only to find out that there's a problem with it.

It's very good.

Perhaps some minor issues, like quite high scores needs some tweaking, but unless there are some massive (and I mean massive) bugs associated with long term gaming are found, I'll never look back at FM2009.

What I mean FM2010 with 1 patch plays for me like FM 2009 with 3 patches, except the added and changed features make it immensely superior.

For once I never really came onto forums for release of 2009 and loved it from day 1.

Game autopatched via Steam so never had cause to look at forums, and never noticed any bugs that ruined game.

Played 30+ season saved game and loved it from day one.

DO think that if you read these bugs it makes game seem more buggy than it is as everyone is aware of every single bug, and not just ones that affect them.

A lot of people have had problems with crash dumps (see the other, very long thread).

But that came with the patch as far as i know. So maybe buying the game without patching it would be better until a patch comes out to fix the crash dumps problem?

Archived