[FM10] All you Need is a Good Tin of Baked Beans.

Saxonaitor

All You Need is a Good Tin of Baked Beans

Hi and welcome to my first career on Football Manager 2010.

Most of you should remember me from when this forum was first started when I pioneered the idea set in motion by Raware, a career thread. This thread became a home for me for the next few months and still can be found here, my United Kingdom Journey. My next venture at a career was to be in Italy, where the not as succesful but equally enjoyable A Tale Of Two Saxons. Please dont be afraid to check this timeless classics out.

Now on to this adventure then, my leagues are as follows;

All Leagues Loaded from:

Australia

England: (Down to Regional Premier Division)

France

Germany

Ireland

Italy

Netherlands

Portugal

Russia

Scotland

Spain

Database: Not entirely sure but think it is 10.0.0

Edits:

Included a few people (family, freinds etc) with random current ability, potential ability and current reputation.

All you Need is a Good Tin of Baked Beans will be played in a LLM style and the rules of a LLM style game are:

* All tactics will be my own creations, not downloaded or copied from anyone else

* All training plans will also be my creations, again with no downloads or copies

* No use of any downloadable cheat programs (FM Scout, that kind of thing)

* I won't be going near the player search screen, as there is no equivalent to this in the real world

* I will only sign players found by my scouts, or who I would know about in game (ie. I've played against them, I've been linked to them by the media)

* Most importantly, I will be basing my decisions in game on what I would do in real life. So if a club offers to double my salary in a new job, chances are I'll take it. Likewise, if I'm offered a job in the Brazilian lower leagues, the money will have to be amazing for me to even consider it!

Credit to lollujo for those ;)

I am starting unemployed and holidaying a season just to add to some realism. Upon that seaosn being over I shall begin my epic quest.

Good day to you all

Saxonaitor

Good to have you aboard guys :thup:

The 2009/10 Season

Barclays Premier League

Bundesliga

Liga BBVA

Ligue 1

Serie A

UEFA Europa League Final

UEFA Champions League Final

If anyone want any specific club to be tracked dont be afraid to ask :thup:

I have started applying and declaring interest in jobs that suite me but I have come to a conclusion that a low league English or Irish club are going to be the only clubs to accept me.

Heybridge Swifts

logo.jpg

History: (Taken from Wikipedia)

Heybridge Swifts FC was formed in 1880, but the club's first foray into senior football did not come until 1971 when they were founder members of the Essex Senior League. After finishing in second place in 1980-81 the club claimed the league championship in the following three seasons, after which they were admitted to the Isthmian League, initially in Division Two North, which they won in the 1989-90 seasons.

In 1995-96 Swifts finished as runners-up in Isthmian League Division One and stepped up to the Premier Division, where they remained until relegation during the 2008/2009 season. They finished second in the league in 2005-06 behind champions Braintree Town, missing out on promotion to the Conference South after a penalty shoot-out defeat to Fisher Athletic in the play-off final.

A poor 2008-09 season saw Heybridge Swifts relegated from the Isthmian League Premier Division to the Isthmian League Division One North.

The Analysis

Well the first impresions of the club. Finances was the first thing I checked and to be £25,000 in the white is a good sign and it was an evan better one when I saw we had £1,400 avadiable for wages. Good but one problem, we have no backroom staff. A basic ass man, scout and coach will have to be drafted in (prehaps two scouts). Looked through the squad and wow. For a team in the Isthmian Premier Division I did not expect such rubbish. Several players with all 1's were immeadtly offered contract terminations and when they refused were put on the transfer list. Looks to be a very busy window for me, to be sure.

Screens

Squad

Finances

Manged to get a few matches done tonight.

Friendly Results:

Maldon 0-1 Heybridge

Heybridge 0-2 Colchester

Heybridge 1-0 AFC Sudbury

I now know where the strength in my team lies. My 3 goalkeepers are great quality nothing needed there. Defenders (with the new signings) are above average for the league I should think. Midfield is a 50/50 with two above average players and two under average players. I still dont know what formation i'm going to use in the middle but at this point in time i'm looking at a 4-1-3-2. Up front is the worst part of the squad. 2 natural strikers and one AMC/FC. None are really good quality and i'm going to have to bring in some new strikers.

The staff are hopefully filling in now, I should have a ass man, scout and coach just after this report as I have offered contracts and I am just waiting for a responce.

The new signings then;

Paul Hilland

A sturdy left back I havnt seen him play yet but i'm looking forward to it.

Glen Downey

A coup in what looks to be my best signing! good in all areas, feel sorry for the attackers :D

Jamie Hood

Now I may give roses to my attackers, prehaps chocalate to, they might as well give up :D

More Friendlies;

Heybridge 0-0 Tooting & Mitcham (dafuge ;))

Heybridge 1-1 Ashford (Middlesex)

Heybridge 1-1 Dulwich Hamlet

The inability to kill off opponents was our biggest factor here and as our next fixture is the start of the Isthmian Premier League we need to buck up rather quickly. I kind off went a bit overboard on the staff, I signed a ass man, coach, youth coach, physio and 2 scouts to fill up the back rooms.

Tactics

My tactic may vary if more signings come in but this will be the basic lay out. A basic 4-3-1-2 but I am training McGeouch to be a central midfielder and when this is accomplished I shall switch back to a 4-1-3-2 as i prefer to play.

Made several new signings as well.

Dean Green

The 33 year old central midfielder will certianly be a common starter in a slighty more attacking role. Looking forward to this guys impact on the Isthmian Premier League.

Dylan McGeouch

The 17 year old Scot looks a talant for the future for my level at least. Will start his first game in the league.

David Bracken

The Irish front man looks to be my best signing to date and i'm expecting him never to miss a penalty with a 20 in penalties :) Will partner the other signing up front.

Simon Parker

Bit of a lucky break this one. When I signed Paul Hilland a news item came to me saying that "Heybridge favourite Simon Parker is convinced Saxon Durrant has made the right choice in signing Paul Hilland" I decided to check this ckub icon out a found he is a 33 year old striker with good stats. = Signed!

Cmon the league!

Its all over unfortunately :(

My computer died in my arms last week after 7 years of loyal service to the family. We are proceding to bury it in the back yard.

I should stop crying by christmas as a new machine will drop by from santa. :D

Thanks to all I never think my threads are the most popular but trust me there will another to bore you by new year.

What about.... "All you need is a tin of spaghetti "

Archived