Couple of questions

1: Are there the same amount of attributes as the pc version? (as in pace, finishing, long shots etc)

2icon_biggrin.gifoes this offer anything that the pc version didnt offer except being able to play it anywhere?

3: Do u think its worth getting if i already have the pc version?

4: i had CM PSP, it was a disaster. Could someone please tell me this is better than that! icon_smile.gif

thanks to anyone who answers.

1: Are there the same amount of attributes as the pc version? (as in pace, finishing, long shots etc)

2icon_biggrin.gifoes this offer anything that the pc version didnt offer except being able to play it anywhere?

3: Do u think its worth getting if i already have the pc version?

4: i had CM PSP, it was a disaster. Could someone please tell me this is better than that! icon_smile.gif

thanks to anyone who answers.

You should read around first but ive gatherd them for you anyhow

1 : the PSP game uses the same database as the PC version, albeit a smaller version.

However, in some instances we have merged attributes together so that Shooting is made up of Finishing & Long Shots, for example.

So the raw data is the same as the PC version, although it may be displayed slightly differently in FMH.

2 : There are lot of hidden extras on the game and from wot ive read they are things such as no transfer window (is optional) however im not sure if any others are on the game.

3 : Personally yes! this will offer a completly diffrent gaming experience and i think it should be treated as a diffrent game to that on the PC also the speed is apparently highly impressive to enable pick up and play.

4 : I also have CM PSP and can any game not be better than it.

Tom,

Thanks for your interest. Football Manager Handheld has been designed to work specifically on the PSP and isn't intended to replicate the PC game. The PSP wouldn't do FM PC the justice it deserves (it would run far too slowly!)

What we've tried to achieve with the PSP is creating a game that's similar in nature to the third series we produced (CM3) and allow you to get through a couple of games in a short space of time (e.g. a 15 minute bus ride somewhere).

The game uses the same database as the PC version so all the statistics are carried over although due to screen estate we have had to combine some attributes where appropriate for display purposes.

It's definitely worth a look and one we feel will offer a unique experience on the PSP.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neil Dejyothin:

Tom,

The game uses the same database as the PC version so all the statistics are carried over although due to screen estate we have had to combine some attributes where appropriate for display purposes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can we get a list of the attributes that have been combined?

• SI Staff

I'll try and knock up a full list in the next few days - bear in mind that they're only 'combined' where we thought it'd be fairly 'natural' and its simply to ensure that the screen display isn't cluttered with 134 very small numbers.

Examples for instance:

Pace is displayed on the screen and is a combination of Pace and Acceleration from the main game database.

Similarly Heading is displayed and is a combination of Jumping and Heading.

NB> The displayed value isn't always as simple as x = x + y / 2 we've used ratio's to combine them in what we believe is a sensible manner for the user.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

...and its simply to ensure that the screen display isn't cluttered with 134 very small numbers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does this mean that the game still consider the stats separately? I'm just thinking that when I was playing a lower division club I'd look at specific stats and sometimes prefer 1 over the other if I were making the choice between 2 players.

Using your examples,

I might a player with heading over jumping or acceleration over pace. I think there is another post that mentioned shooting being a combination of finishing and long shots; this one affects your tactical choice i.e. long shots often or not. If I remember correctly this was a merged stat in older versions of the game?

Also are "hidden" stats in the PSP version e.g. free kicks as in older version of the game afai recall...

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Does this mean that the game still consider the stats separately? I'm just thinking that when I was playing a lower division club I'd look at specific stats and sometimes prefer 1 over the other if I were making the choice between 2 players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah the game still uses all the stats in their original form (so both pace and acceleration for instance are utilised within the match engine etc.).

There are also a host of hidden stats in the PSP game (basically anything which is in the PC game database is in the PSP one - just some aren't directly visible because of concessions to the screen size).

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tom anders:

Thanks guys i should be picking this up when its released.So The way this plays is similar to games like CM3? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, thats exactly what we were aiming at and the initial reviews seem to indicate we've pretty much hit that target icon_wink.gif

Well now im looking forward to it, When Cm games were at the stage of CM3 they were at there best, FM is still good though, with this is sort of combining them both. Ill definatly be picking this up thanks for info guys you've been really helpfull.

Archived