and then the realisation kicks in

Currently playing with Rangers in 2011

I've assembled a squad capable of winning the champions league and plan on dominating this year, the league was won last year with 25 points between me and second place, the board love me, the fans love me.

Then i did my sums

having brought in some world class players such as Guillermo ochoa for 15 million baptista for 18 million and this season jorgensson from chelsea for 18 million i've just realised what i've done. i've made the fatal mistake of banking on future income and bought all these guys on 3 and 4 year payment plans.

Going out over the next 36 months, a total of £51 million maybe i should have accepted that £12million offer for steve davis? who knows all i know is that i'm going to have to trim the squad and do some serious budgeting over the next couple of seasons.

1 point though, why cant i pay any of these off early? i've yet to have a clause that i can pay off early(supposed to have an asterik beside them i'm told?)

hae to say though the financial side of the game is looking a lot more accurate than previous versions with the spreading out of payments and budgeting etc. i've managed to grab short term success with long term financial problems around the corner. how realistic for rangers :) can si please implement it so every multi million pound player i sign has a long term knee injury?

just a bit of a ramble from me i'm loving fm2010

Archived