Very late comebacks...

I'm on the verge of uninstalling this game.

My last two league games:

Lost to a 93rd minute goal:

82079469.png w1180.png

Then lost to a 96th minute goal:

62060402.png w1178.png

I dominated both matches but of course the AI decided that i wasn't going to win...

Que all of you other forum users who will tell me it's my tactics but i've been playing football manager/championship manager since the Amiga days in the 1990's and i can assure you i know how to play this game. The match engine in FM10 is simply horrendous. I honestly believe there's nothing tactically i can do to affect games anymore.

(PS: notice the bug in the second screenshot where the wrong badges are used. SI were right, this years game is soooo polished...)

My team seems to always score late goals. I've only really conceded one in my first and only season, but the match ended 4-1 so didn't bother me much.

It might be 1 of 2 problems, actually it could be both

1) AI is changing their formation and you aren't countering

2) Your players have low concentration levels

i can't understand this game, the defence it's simply horrible, i play with dinamo moscow, i barely win the league by losing the last 3 games and tska moscow also losing their last 3 games ( i won the league by 1 point). i have the same player in the next season, and i lose the super cup 3-1 to spartak, and then comes disaster, i play zenit at home and i lose 7-0, with 5 defenders and 1 DM, it's just impossible, then comes TSKA moscow , 3-0 in first half, and i played FULL MATCH, and i listened to every comment made by the assistant. and this happened also when i was managing dinamo bucharest ( this was the reason i accepted din moscow offer). if the games want you to lose, you will surely lose no matter what you do.the defence tactics are useless, if i play deep ultra defensive i concede 5 goals from outside the box, and if i play normal or high the opposition has 10 one on one chances of scoring and no offside. and if i play ONLY COMMENTARY the the scores just goes to TENNIS proportions, i had 3-0 advantaje at half time and lost 4-3 .

If your conceding late goals this normally suggests one of three things:

1) Your team are complacent and are happy with draw/win

To counter this turn on the Team Motivation widget on the pitch screen and watch to see how your players are reacting to losing a goal, gaining a goal, team talks and substitutions. Remember it's a learning curve and you need to rememeber how different payers are and how they react in different situations.

2) Your team are tired and are not as fit as the opposition and so get overrun in the late stages of the game.

Make your substitutions a little later than normal (75-80 mins) and bring off anyone with less than 80% fitness regardless of how well/poorly they are playing. Check your assistants in match feedback regulary to see who he thinks is tired or not working as hard as they should be.

3) The opposition have gone 4-2-4, 4-3-3, 3-4-4 ect ect

Change your formation to go more derensive and play on the counter attack or if you think you have a much stronger team that dont give the ball away and are very creative fight fire with fire and go on the attack to exploit the gaps they leave at the back. Try keeping the opposition formation widget on the pitch screen from 75 mins onward so you can tell they have made a change and counter that change as you see fit. Try keeping a saved defensive formation so you can use the touchline shouts to change formation without needing to go into tactics.

Hope this helps!

Have you told this to SI yet on the inaccuracy of the badges? This should be in the bugs forum!

Have the German teams got badges this year? If not, its an issue with the logo pack the OP is using. Possibly the logo is attatching itself to the wrong cubs unique id.

Have the German teams got badges this year? If not, its an issue with the logo pack the OP is using. Possibly the logo is attatching itself to the wrong cubs unique id.

No, no it's not. SI have confirmed this is a known issue and should be fixed for the next patch. It only seems to happen when you click on past results on your fixtures list.

As for the late comebacks i'm going to quote someone who posted regarding this in the tactics forum:

"Whilst i do believe that it is caused by tactics rather than cheating i also think SI have got it wrong. Yes it should be possible to score 2 late goals, but look at most of the replies here. Take a striker off, bring an extra defender on, go more defensive etc etc. Should i really need to do this in a home game that i'm winning against Birmingham?

I've read threads where people are saying all sorts of things effect the outcome of a match like... Players morale, lacking in confidence, form, tiredness and it goes on and on. But should all those things not effect Birmingham also?

After being under the cosh for most of the game the tiredness should have effected them more than us as it uses more energy when your chasing the game. Where did they find the confidence as it must have been low. But most of all where did the ability suddenly come from?

Yes it can happen but it is any wonder people claim some results and pre-made?

It appears to me that if you don't change your tactics then your opponents receive a confidence, form and energy boost. Sorry but thats not right."

Read more here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=164645

As for the late comebacks i'm going to quote someone who posted regarding this in the tactics forum:

"Whilst i do believe that it is caused by tactics rather than cheating i also think SI have got it wrong. Yes it should be possible to score 2 late goals, but look at most of the replies here. Take a striker off, bring an extra defender on, go more defensive etc etc. Should i really need to do this in a home game that i'm winning against Birmingham?

I've read threads where people are saying all sorts of things effect the outcome of a match like... Players morale, lacking in confidence, form, tiredness and it goes on and on. But should all those things not effect Birmingham also?

After being under the cosh for most of the game the tiredness should have effected them more than us as it uses more energy when your chasing the game. Where did they find the confidence as it must have been low. But most of all where did the ability suddenly come from?

Yes it can happen but it is any wonder people claim some results and pre-made?

It appears to me that if you don't change your tactics then your opponents receive a confidence, form and energy boost. Sorry but thats not right."

Read more here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=164645

Thanks for the link, it's interesting to read about other people's experiences. I too have something of an issue with late goals. I should admit, first of all, that I'm not a great FM player, so failure is a familiar sensation for me. But I can seldom before remember seeing such clear patterns in the way that I lose, or surrender a lead in, FM matches. There is a predictability not only about the fact that it will happen, but precisely how it will happen. I recently conceded critical goals in the last few minutes of 3 out of 4 matches; painful, of course, but more so because I genuinely took tactical steps to maintain my advantage. It often feels as though mediocre teams who I have dominated for 85 minutes transform into world-beaters in the dying moments.

We all work from the assumption that it is careless, when defending a narrow lead, to make no tactical adjustments; but should this always be necessary? Imagine I had simply persisted with the same tactic that had served me well until the last moments of the game: should I assume it likely that my opponent, who is throwing caution to the wind, will score? Surely it should be more likely that I would extend my advantage in such circumstances. I note, too, that someone on the thread linked above has countered the notion that it is solely a tactical problem by highlighting the disproportionately high level of early goals that also seem to be scored. I share the problem; when I lose a game, it is usually because I've conceded a goal (or two) in the first five or so minutes.

Admittedly, I say this all with little authority; having yet to approach the issue scientifically, these opinions are based solely on instinct. Nor do I mean to seem overly critical; I cannot remember being this pleased with an FM, at such an early stage, in many years. Laying my cards on the table, however, I do believe there is an issue with late goals.

My Man City team score way too many late goals :confused: I don't know what I'm doing for this to happen, but I will score 1 or 2 goals 88th minute onwards!

And in my team meetings the assistant says most of my goals come in the 76th-90th minute

How about this one... Just happened to me! Try taking this one on the chin! I'm At. Madrid BTW

atmadridvdeportivo.th.png

But you just move on... i guess its one of those things...

I was actually gutted... Basically dominated the whole game and made 7 clear cut chances and they made 2 but all of their goals were long range screamers apart from the last one which was a header at the back post!!!

This could actually end up costing me 2nd place 6 games left and 3 points ahead of Real Madrid!

Scoring went like this for clarification if you can't be bothered to work it out ;)

0-1

1-1

2-1

2-2

3-2

HT

4-2

5-2!!!

5-3

5-4

5-5!!!

Scoring went like this for clarification if you can't be bothered to work it out ;)

0-1

1-1

2-1

2-2

3-2

HT

4-2

5-2!!!

5-3

5-4

5-5!!!

Ohhhh :( I worked it out before looking at the bottom of the post :p