2030+ Gaming

Guys

Does anyone have any advice for playing a game beyond 2030; in my past experience the cost of players sky rockets! Rendering it virtually impossible to buy decent players;

I usually go down the youth player option, but naturally this takes time to bear fruits.

Any advice would be great.

Being in a 2030+ game, surely going down the youth route, wouldn't be a problem? I'm currently in 2050 in my FM08 save, and I have no issues with player values. I also have no issues producing youth that are heavily involved in my squad. I think, ultimately, its finding the young gems, or good bargains (maybe Bosman signings) - if you don't want to spend the money on players, however, if you think back 20 years ago, could you ever imagine someone paying £80,000,000 for a player? Who's to say that in 2030, £160,000,000 won't be the going cost for a world class player?

That reasoning is flawed because, although by 2030 players might be 160million - other things will have also gone up. It might not be unreasonable to expect a season ticket to be £10K a year, or tv rights to be 100million a year for playing in the premiership.

The game takes none of these factors into account, so players value SHOULD NOT increase across the board.

Having said all that, ive never experianced it, costs always seem to stay the same (not had a game go more than 10 game years since FM08 however)

Yes, I agree with you here! Adding inflation is very realistic but I am not sure how SI is going to implement this! :D

Easy - just add 2% to all values the next year.

So season tickets go up by 2% automatically, wages already take this into account because people would want a '5% wage increase' when signing contracts, then starting salarys for youth players would go up 2% each year.

Sounds really rather easy and sensible to me, the only thing they have to build in is a 5 yearly contract for media rights which would have to go up 15% each time due to 5 years of compound interrest.

Easy - just add 2% to all values the next year.

So season tickets go up by 2% automatically, wages already take this into account because people would want a '5% wage increase' when signing contracts, then starting salarys for youth players would go up 2% each year.

Sounds really rather easy and sensible to me, the only thing they have to build in is a 5 yearly contract for media rights which would have to go up 15% each time due to 5 years of compound interrest.

Your assuming inflation is actually at 2%, rather than aimed at being 2%. The problem is, to make it realistic, inflation would have to fluctuate (as it does irl).

2% increase every year? that wouldnt work because the rate of inflation is not a fixed percentage, what if we get another credit crunch?

Thats what i wa going to write but couldnt be bothered :p. If inflation is put in the game properly, then a whole new financial model would need written to take factors like recessions into account. How often is a recession? It would be very hard to get it right, and could be potentially game breaking if done incorrectly.

2% increase every year? that wouldnt work because the rate of inflation is not a fixed percentage, what if we get another credit crunch?

Yes its not a fixed amount each year - but then again, the ammount of money the premiership get from TV isnt fixed, it changes every 4-5 years - but the game has it fixed.

Fine, if it makes you happy, make the game take a more complicated 1-5% up and down trend for inflation - it doesnt make any difference to me, but 2% is a normalised game friendly method.

But adding inflation would just make everything a little more expensive, would you really enjoy the game if everything cost more?

It would be the same!!

Chicken or the egg time ;)

Adding inflation would make everything more expensive, yes. But it would also increase your income by the same amount.

I played till about 2040 on fm09 and the prices were the same as they were at the start of the game. Some of them seem stupid but you wouldnt sell your star players for peanuts would you.

I went down the youth route too but I made sure I had a great player for every position and then a youth player or two for each position that I could slowly introduce into the team over a few years for when the fist teamer retired or got sold. It didnt always work because the first teamer sometimes asks to leave but them you go out and buy a replacement for big bucks if you have to. Because of the way i always had youngsters in back up I would always have money in the bank if I needed to make one or two big name signings. plus if one of my first teamers was sold it was usually for £50 million so I could go out and scout a replacment knowing that I have some big money to play with.

Stick with nurturing youth and every so often buy big is my advice

Blimey this would be going in a bit too deep.....Si would have to try to figure out how to get another Gordon Brown in to **** up the economy :p

Archived