25 man squad ??????????

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you mean by 'screw up'

Only the 25 registered players get squad numbers (you can only assign 25) so I often have a pitch full of players who dont have registered numbers (Im arsenal and im carrying on wengers signing youth players rules)

What do you mean by 'screw up'

Only the 25 registered players get squad numbers (you can only assign 25) so I often have a pitch full of players who dont have registered numbers (Im arsenal and im carrying on wengers signing youth players rules)

I'm sure I read something on here about gaps being filled inappropriately. By that I mean that if, say, you hadn't registered a number 1 and then named a player aged under 21 to play up front in a match, he'd get the number 1 automatically.

When does this kick in in real life? And does it mean that the days of players wearing stupidly high numbers have gone in England?

at the end of the transfer window in september and again in january.

As for the numbers being filled 'inappropriately' well if you didnt give a player the number 1 shirt in a previous version and you put on a player who didnt have a squad number it would give him the number 1 shirt unless you specifically changed it.

Its only inappropriate to you - other countries give different players different numbers - its only us that goes GK1, Rb2, LB3, DMC4, DC5, DC6, MR7, MC8, ST9, ST10, ML11.

It starts from next season Mike.

Basically, you give 25 players squad numbers. Then you can play them, plus any under 21 players you want, in Prem matches. However, under 21 players that aren't registered are given random numbers (the same one throughout the season however) when you play them.

And it's normally logical, the number a player gets. For example, I've always had the 1 shirt empty and an outfield player never gets that.

Nope, sorry - my players change their squad numbers.

What you are seeing is an illusion. IF you have registered 25 players and you have 3 or 4 youth players who you regularly play, they will get 26,27,28,29 as their squad numbers - and if you put the defenders as a lower down sub, and the strikers as a high numbered sub, you will often see them getting the same numbers.

3 of my players have had the 28 shirt, 4 the 26 shirt and I cant be bothered to go on and look for more.

Infact, despite having used 11 players without squad numbers, ive never had one of them wear anything higher than 29. (Ive never used more than 4 of them in the same team obviously)

I've seen a good few players who turn up with number "-1" on these boards, with screen shots backing it up. There was one guy who was playing against a team with 3 players wearing -1 in the one match day squad. I hate the idea personally (not blaming SI obviously, its not their fault) of not being to give players any number I want. Tevez not wearing 32 will just look weird

I bet you that in real life there'll be a way around the whole squad number thing. Didn't Pedro and Busquets wear numbers 27 and 28 last season for Barca? They were probably registered on the B team or because they're under 21 they got numbers above 25. Maybe next season in the premiership there'll be some mad way around it. I know the 25 man squad rule is set in stone now but do we actually know for a fact that it's going to affect squad numbers?

yes there are bugs. look at this screenie

http://img97.imageshack.us/i/buggyp.jpg/

Yes ^^^ That IS a bug. And its been reported quite a lot.

I was reffering to the 2 people who said it screwed up squad numbers (not being able to give Tevez 32 for example) and was merely pointing out that that particular part IS NOT a bug, and thats what will happen irl.

Although, i do think that players such as Tevez will still be able to have 32, as long as its their assigned squad number.

The -1 thing is a bug - the original poster was not complaining about that - so to then say 'its a bug' is wrong.

The -1 thing is a graphical glitch that should be reported in the bugs forum - its totally separate from the fact that the 1-25 squad numbers is a FA rule and NOT a bug.

The -1 thing is a bug - the original poster was not complaining about that - so to then say 'its a bug' is wrong.

The -1 thing is a graphical glitch that should be reported in the bugs forum - its totally separate from the fact that the 1-25 squad numbers is a FA rule and NOT a bug.

Thats what i was trying to say lol :thup:

Well, you're obviously just speculating there, but if it's true then it would mean Cristiano Ronaldo wouldn't have been allowed to be number 7 when he signed for Man U as that would mean a waste of an over 21 space. I think it's more likely it'll just be like the way European registrations are carried out, it's stupid that a player has to lose their number to deregister them if they have a long term injury or something. Can you imagine another player wearing '11' for Man Utd if Giggs was out for six months?

Not so. by the current method players are registered by their squad number - so when you register a player to play you do that by giving him a squad number. If they dont have a squad number they cant play - they need to register a player with the FA and give him a squad number - what player in the premier league doesnt have a squad number???

The champions league is different because the players are already registered to play in their country by their squad number.

If you change the registration method (eg only 25 players registered) in the league structure, then logicially this would change the way squad numbers are allocated.

Tevez can still wear 32 - You register your players, choosing their squad numbers. So Tevez can be registered as number 32 or 99, and he will take up one slot of 25.

The annoying thing is, players under 21 who are not registered, will have a different number each game they play, depending on how many other unregistered players are playing too.

There should, therefore be a separate thing - you register 25 players for the Premier League (just as you do with the Europa & Champions League) and then you give however many players you want numbers which they keep for the season.

Tevez can still wear 32 - You register your players, choosing their squad numbers. So Tevez can be registered as number 32 or 99, and he will take up one slot of 25.

You have tried this? Post 2011?

Because I only got to register the first 25 squad numbers.

Not so. by the current method players are registered by their squad number - so when you register a player to play you do that by giving him a squad number. If they dont have a squad number they cant play - they need to register a player with the FA and give him a squad number - what player in the premier league doesnt have a squad number???

The champions league is different because the players are already registered to play in their country by their squad number.

If you change the registration method (eg only 25 players registered) in the league structure, then logicially this would change the way squad numbers are allocated.

What you're saying makes no sense when it comes to domestic competitions. After the first season in FM you cannot allocate more than 25 squad numbers to players over 21, and yet in the League Cup every player in your squad is eligible. So, you can put players on the pitch who don't have a squad number, does that make sense?

Oh, Maceo Rigters doesn't have a squad number for Blackburn.

Firstly - I said that CURRENTLY all players have to have a squad registration in order to play - that is why they are 'unveiled' and photographed holding their squad shirt when they are first signed. In the current rules you cannot play in the league cup unless you have a shirt number and a registration.

Secondly - as has been mentioned previously - the FA have not announced how the new registration process will go - and have not mentioned how it will affect the FA/ League cup so SI cant possibly know how this will be affected.

And as for your maceo rigters - In July 2009 Rigters was told he was free to find himself a new club. He subsequently undertook a trial at Southend F.C. in an attempt to earn himself a contract with the club. However the trial was not successful and he returned to Blackburn Rovers to wait for another trial offer.

Blackburn evidentally have no intention of playing him - and if they ever did, he would have to be registered and a squad number assigned to him.

The way SI have implemented it is incorrect, which is a shame but I am sure they will fix it.

All they need to do is let us assign as many squad numbers as we want - and have a separate screen to register 25 players. That way we can register 25 over-21 players, but give every player a squad number - registered or not. That way those who are not registered for the League can still play (and have their number) if they are registered for Europe, and youngsters can keep their number for the whole season without using up a registration spot.

Firstly - I said that CURRENTLY all players have to have a squad registration in order to play - that is why they are 'unveiled' and photographed holding their squad shirt when they are first signed. In the current rules you cannot play in the league cup unless you have a shirt number and a registration.

Secondly - as has been mentioned previously - the FA have not announced how the new registration process will go - and have not mentioned how it will affect the FA/ League cup so SI cant possibly know how this will be affected.

And as for your maceo rigters - In July 2009 Rigters was told he was free to find himself a new club. He subsequently undertook a trial at Southend F.C. in an attempt to earn himself a contract with the club. However the trial was not successful and he returned to Blackburn Rovers to wait for another trial offer.

Blackburn evidentally have no intention of playing him - and if they ever did, he would have to be registered and a squad number assigned to him.

Well, he's still a bloody Blackburn Rovers player and he doesn't have a squad number, basta! Of course the rules are unclear but I don't see why you can't have an unlimited number of squad numbers assigned, which obviously means that the registration would have to be separate to the numbers. By your logic it would be impossible to play unregistered players in cup competitions, which it has been stated will be allowed. One thing is fairly certain is that we're not going back to the old days of 1-11, so gonzailez is right and this is an issue that needs to be fixed. If I want to I should be allowed to have two separate squads for the league and Europe, but the way it is currently that's not possible without having daft numbers assigned to your Euro players.

I know it's not exactly the most important part of the game but I'd just like to be able to give my players a squad number that will stick with them for the whole season rather than having to remember which number shirt my youngsters are wearing this week.

Well, he's still a bloody Blackburn Rovers player and he doesn't have a squad number, basta! .

WTF is your problem? Thats either spanish for 'enough' or an attempt to swear at me without breaking the 'rules'.

Of course the rules are unclear but I don't see why you can't have an unlimited number of squad numbers assigned, which obviously means that the registration would have to be separate to the numbers. By your logic it would be impossible to play unregistered players in cup competitions, which it has been stated will be allowed..

No. You seem unable to separate this years rules and next years rules. CURRENTLY you cannot play in the league cup without being registered AND the method by which registration takes place is the assigment of a squad number.

IF NEXT year when they are changing the rules they decide that squad regisration does NOT require a squad number then there isnt an issue. As for squad numbers ALWAYS being required - far from it - it wasnt until

I know it's not exactly the most important part of the game but I'd just like to be able to give my players a squad number that will stick with them for the whole season rather than having to remember which number shirt my youngsters are wearing this week.

So would I - but I think SI have done this intentionally because they simply dont know how the FA are going to play it.

Well, it's Italian, but maybe the same as Spanish, it's like ça suffit. As for this argument, it seems a bit pointless, I'd say it's beneficial for everyone if SI produce a better game rather than you fighting their corner. I appreciate their hard work and dedication to realism, but in my opinion they'd have been better off not including it at all if they can't do it properly in such a short time scale. I know that it's unclear what the rules will be but I'm fairly sure that the way the FA will play it won't involve players sharing squad numbers from week to week.

I'd say it's beneficial for everyone if SI produce a better game rather than you fighting their corner.

Im not fighting anyones 'corner' appart from my own (and no, I dont represent SI in anyway)

SI cant do anything without upsetting someone. They have had to implement this, although they dont know how it will be fully implemented. If they hadnt implemented it they would have 5million smart arses starting threads like 'SI is so stupid they dont even know that next year the EPL has a 25man squad'.

Frankly - they cant win.

Archived