R.Madrid trying to buy my players...

Real Madrid are trying to buy 2 of my best defenders.

I don't want to sell them, but did offer a deal worth 1.5x their value, plus another 1x their value over the next year. RM refused both, and now my players are unhappy I didn't allow them to negotiate with the team. What's the best option here, letting them go or keeping them and trying to get them back to being happy?

Keep them for a while if they're really good and hope they change their minds.

Next time this happens offer them a contract. Doesn't have to be an improvement over the one they have now. They might not accept the contract, but they won't get upset if the deal falls through.

But if they are your best players, offering them new deals can be costly as you have to pay the signing on fees.

Not if it's the same as 09.

I always offered my players a contract with 0 singing on fee and they always accepted. That's in 09 though I haven't really gotten around to offering new contracts in 10.

Edit - Should mention that I don't have to give them a pay raise to compensate unless they expect one.

Sometimes they will forget about it after a month or two if the interest dwindles, other times they might continue to insist that they be allowed to leave. It can be worth holding on to them, because in some cases they will eventually resign themselves to staying. It does depend on the stature of your club though, if you not getting in to the champions league every year, you shouldn't be surprised that players who are good enough for Real Madrid want to leave.

If you really want to keep your players, then do what the AI does to us when we try to buy their best players. Ask for a ridiculously high amount for your star players, for example if Real Madrid wanted Torres from me, his value being approximately £30m, I would ask for £100m + 50% future profits. This way your player sees that you're giving them the opportunity to go for their 'dream' club, and you still get to keep your player. Just make sure that you ask for an amount that the interested club won't pay. Hope that helps.

If you really want to keep your players, then do what the AI does to us when we try to buy their best players. Ask for a ridiculously high amount for your star players, for example if Real Madrid wanted Torres from me, his value being approximately £30m, I would ask for £100m + 50% future profits. This way your player sees that you're giving them the opportunity to go for their 'dream' club, and you still get to keep your player. Just make sure that you ask for an amount that the interested club won't pay. Hope that helps.

That's exactly what I did, RM inquired about one of my players and I asked 1.5x his worth and an additional 1.0x his worth over 12 month. RM withdrew their offer, my player became upset about me not allowing them to enter into negotiations. Next day, RM inquired about another defender, and the same process repeated.

I don't see why these players would want to go to RM, I'm in late January and haven't lost a game all season, and these two players in question have played essentially every game.

I'm a little worried because one of the players has been having issues nearly all season, despite me giving praise and playing him every game since he came back from injury early in the year. He keeps saying he thinks he was treated unfairly, and just recently stated he was wrong to the press. His status went from "Happy" to "Unknown" to "Happy" to "Unknown" in a period of 3 months...

That's exactly what I did, RM inquired about one of my players and I asked 1.5x his worth and an additional 1.0x his worth over 12 month. RM withdrew their offer, my player became upset about me not allowing them to enter into negotiations. Next day, RM inquired about another defender, and the same process repeated.

I don't see why these players would want to go to RM, I'm in late January and haven't lost a game all season, and these two players in question have played essentially every game.

I'm a little worried because one of the players has been having issues nearly all season, despite me giving praise and playing him every game since he came back from injury early in the year. He keeps saying he thinks he was treated unfairly, and just recently stated he was wrong to the press. His status went from "Happy" to "Unknown" to "Happy" to "Unknown" in a period of 3 months...

That just ends up as the player being unhappy at not being able to move clubs, because the interested club then withdraw their bid and the player gets annoyed that you didn't allow him to move.

i usually make the player available for the reserve and refuse to play nor bring him with me in the sub list for matches.. once i did it to a player for the entire month.. after that when i started playing him, he became alright..

Archived