Laptop advice/help

hi could someone please give me some advice on whcih laptop would run games better/smoother such as FM, crysis etc.

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/-/654/861/-/12041576/Samsung-R720-Pentium-Dual-Core-T4200-2-0GHz-4GB-500GB-DVD-SM-17-3-Windows-7-Home-Premium-Laptop-Notebook/Product.html?searchtype=genre#

or

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Notebook-GeForce-Windows-Premium/dp/B002SG7K8O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1

Which laptop has the better graphics card and would be able to run games like FM and crysis

Thanks

Samsung machine seems to have the better Graphics card, *compulsory for a game like Crysis*

And I'm 99% sure, that with 1GB dedicated memory for Graphics, the Radeon 4650 should handle Crysis fine, let alone FM! :)

Top ones your best bet.

Samsung machine seems to have the better Graphics card, *compulsory for a game like Crysis*

And I'm 99% sure, that with 1GB dedicated memory for Graphics, the Radeon 4650 should handle Crysis fine, let alone FM! :)

Top ones your best bet.

Speaking from knowledge/experience?

I don't have any personal knowledge of the Nvidia graphics card (but it also has 1GB graphics memory) but this seems to suggest it's not far removed from the 4650 Radeon. As you say, the Acer has the better processor so I'd go with that unless the larger screensize and larger hd is important to you.

Either way, I'm sure both would run FM great (don't know anything about Crysis but unless the Nvidia card is substantially inferior to the Radeon, the better processor won't do any harm).

I'd certainly be interested to hear why everyone recommends the lower grade processor laptop when the Graphics cards seem similar.

Both would run it more than well enough, why don't you actually speak to someone at a computer shop?

Bad idea because the salesman will probably be on some sort of commission and want to sell you the most expensive machine irrespective of its performance or your needs.

Archived