Can I at least have SOME feedback on this?

Hi everyone.

I've posted something along these lines before, but it was in another thread so didn't get much feedback.

Basically, I've played 12 consecutive matches now, and won 2, drawn 4 and lost 6. 3 of those losses were expected (UEFA cup).

Now, here's what's up. Played amazing in the first season, finished 3rd when predicted 6th (in a league of 10) and won the national cup. The team were playing great football and were unstoppable at times. Over the summer I got in some new players, hoping for a push for the title. Suddenly, the team are playing crap. Not a tactics crap (I haven't changed anything at all to do with them, so even if the other teams have learnt how to play us, we should still play the same) but rather a just general 'crap'. Players seem to misplace passes regularly, defenders just ignore strikers, my midfielders shoot from 35-40 yards when they have a clear run into space, and my strikers seem to think the stand behind the goal is what they're aiming for.

I put up with this for about 8 matches, then decided to try a few restarts and experiment with it. Currently I'm playing against the team in 8th at home, so theoretically with the team I have I should be winning by at least 2 goals. I make up completely new tactics and formations, I shuffle the players around, I try different OI and I even watched the full match a few times. Nothing changed. Now, I have no idea if this is a bug or if I've missed something in the tactics, but I simply cannot play this anymore until this is sorted, because there's just no point! I can predict what'll happen before it actually does.

Has anyone noticed this before? Have they managed to stop it, solve the problem? Maybe, MAYBE(!) someone from SI can explain this. Thanks for reading.

I think it could be down to a lack of understanding between the new players.

On 09 I got away with changing 6-8 players in the first team every time I got promoted and still managed to either win the division or come close, but haven't tried it on 10 yet.

Edit - Never mind horribly late with this post.

Have you played an extremely safe passing game with an ultra slow tempo? These drops in form always happen in FM, as they also happen in real football. Maybe try a mid week friendly against the worst team possible. Play them, win, praise everyone and their confidence should get back.

Also, take care with Team talks.

Best of luck

The tactic I used last season was a fluid mentality with controlled, short passes, which worked. I dominated most games.

This season, no change to the tactic but now its ME being dominated, simply because my players cannot pass properly.

I'm planning a midweek friendly against my u18's at some point but the problem is that I'm playing in Austria, and they have a 4 month winter break, so they play both weekends and mid-week most weekends. Add into that the UEFA cup group stages and I have no free days.

There always used to be a 'bug' which was intentional in previous versions. Basically a team would play differently depending on how they expected to do.

If you were a lower team at the begining then the match odds would have been against you for most games. Other teams would then play more attacking, and because of that, your tactics (intentional or otherwise) exploited this and would turn them over.

As your team has gotten better you are probably now the match favourites and teams are going to take a more defensive approach and not allow you space, time on the ball and basically harrass your players - which might well give the impression that they cant pass anymore.

If however, you were odds on in most of the early matches and it still worked, then search me I have no idea (Can you check back? does the match engine save game odds? I dont think so I cant find them on old matches)

If it is this - then as always, its your tactics... :)

Played 3 matches rigid.

Drew 1-1, they scored 89th minute equaliser.

Lost 0-4, same **** as always.

Lost 0-3, same as always.

I just give up. May as well start a new game!

No point, it'll probably happen to you again.

Better figure out why this happens before you start all over.

happend to me also, i won the russian league with dinamo moscow, and sold 3 players and bought 2 and now i lose badly every game. 3-1 in super cup, 7-0 with zenit at home playing 6 defenders (5-1-3-1) and then 3-0 with tska moscow. and restarted the zenit game 4 times, lost 4-3, 3-1, even the goalkeeper scored me a goal from a free kick inside his own field. and the same happened to me at dinamo bucharest, first season i finished 3rd, and the second, total dissaster, half of the championship i was 14th. everybody seems to think that the game is incredible, the managers are bad, on all the forums, but in fm 09 i played 21 seasons, and i play fm since 2000-2001 so i'm not a newbie. i feel that i have no control over the tactics, everything is so random !!!

Archived