About friendly revenues

tmk

I have been trying to increase income by arranging friendlies. My question is that what income would that revenue show when checking my finances? I don´t seem to find any difference before and after friendlies.

Yep. However the finances section is something that imo could do with an overhaul.

What tmk just posted is evidence of that.

I would like to see a post match screen with a nice rundown of exactly how much earnings you got from gate receipts, what the matchday expenses were etc.

I know this info is sort of available on the finances screen, but that's monthly rather than per match. As a struggling level 10 club, I have to keep an eye on my finances, and the information is a bit limited.

Okay, made an experiment and arranged a friendly 1st daY of the month and the revenue shows on the gate receipts. Gate receipts and other income was lot lower than boards estimate for revenue before the match so I understand that boards estimate is an estimation and depends on the crowd etc.

But how about when you arrange a friendly match away which should give you appereance money? That one really is never showing on the profit side at all.

But how about when you arrange a friendly match away which should give you appereance money? That one really is never showing on the profit side at all.

Hmm... I would imagine it would show up under gate receipts or "other," but I can't say I ever checked. Good question, though.

As an aside about generating revenue from friendlies in lower leagues - aim high. If you can get a team from the EPL to come to town for a match you'll have an overflow crowd. Even something like the Chelsea reserves will get you more money than another lower-league team, as they will still probably include a few first-teamers on the squad, and a lot of young stars.

Sure you'll get slaughtered, but who cares? You'll be a huge underdog, so you shouldn't take a morale hit. A friend of mine managing Hitchin (doing dafuge's challenge on '09) got Chelsea to come to town for a friendly and doubled his team's bank account in one day!

Archived