Serious issue with editing kit colours

First of all, I know this should be posted in the editors hideaway, but since that forum is not visited as often as 'General Discussion' I thought I'll post here, to reach a wider audience.

Back to the point.

Using the editor, I have changed Aldershot kit colours. My kits are showing correctly in the team Information screen, but won't work in 3D match view. What I get in 3D view are red kits, which show regardless of whether the match takes place home or away. The funny part is, that red kits will always show in 3D, regardless of what kit colour the opposition is using - so quite often I end up watching a match where 20 men are running around all dressed in red.

Have tried disabling skin caching & reloading graphics.

Have tried deleting the old kits from the database and adding brand new ones using my colours. Tried it both in my existing game and in a new one. No luck.

I've noticed a few other people were having the same issue both here and on other forums.

Edit: I am using FM10 on Win 7 64-bit if it makes a difference. Also, I have noticed that for some reason FM10 always creates two 'Sports Interactive' folders in My Documents. One is where all the graphics & saves are, the other has nothing apart from a couple of the default folders (save games etc) with nothing inside. Tried deleting the useless folder but it comes back each time I start the game.

A misunderstanding - I wasn't editing kit .png graphics. I have used the editor, went to Aldershot kits & colours, done all the changes there - I am assuming this is the place, where any kit colour changes will be reflected in the game, both in the Information screen & 3D match view. Seems like it doesn't work this way though.

If you want to make your team play in those colours in the 3D match view, you'll have to edit the actual kits. The editor will only edit the 2D kits.

I`m having the same problem as riffraff.

If the editor will only edit 2D kits how exactly can we edit 3D kits as you suggest?

I think I got it. Haven't tested it thoroughly yet, but it appears that in the editor, in order to see your changes reflected in the game, you have to edit the colours of BOTH outfield players AND the goalkeeper. I have deleted the kits for players home and goalkeeper home and then added my own, from the scratch. At least now I see some colours and not the default red all the time, which is an improvement.

Tested it with only one game though, so will post updates as I play a few more matches.

If anyone else managed to solve this issue in a different way then please post.

I think as someone has said, the 3D kits are stored in the game data somewhere, or you can download/create your own versions, and they go in graphics\outfield\<country>\<league>\<club>\ along with an appropriate config.xml file.

To create your own, you'll want to use a graphics editing app to edit an existing kit .png file.

You can't use something like Paint because it can't do transparency, but Gimp or Photoshop is a good idea.

I've done something similar, editing a team with the editor and changing the kit colors. I changed all the colors -- home, away, third kit, keeper home, keeper away, and keeper third. I added some that were not there to start with. To be thorough, I added everything in each category -- shirt, socks, shorts, text, dot. Bizarrely, the game used the home KEEPER text for the title bar (sort of as if it were my team colors) and used the away KEEPER text basically from the managerial screens. To clarify, if I'm on a team screen, I get the blue on black that I put in for the home keeper text. If I'm on a manager screen, I get black on blue from the away keeper text. Actually, I kinda like it switching but I'm not sure it's supposed to be that way. I eventually went into the editor a second time to get the colors I wanted.

Secondly, I get the appropriate colors on the kits shown in 2D from the team info screen. They are the colors I put in the editor, no problem. I also get the appropriate colors (as well as shirt style, shorts style, etc.) on my 3D players on the pitch. That is, except the keeper. Occasionally, he seems to be willing to don the home kit I generously provided him. But he apparently is unhappy with the away kit (it's a beautiful pink number, I can't believe he doesn't see the appeal...).

I've yet to face someone with as (apparently) screwed up colors as I have chosen so I've not seen whether the third kit is being used.

Anyway, there's another data point.

Archived