From a good team to a poor one

I'm managing Newcastle united.

In my first season i got promoted as champions from the championship to the premier league.

I had 109 points scored 97 goals and only conceded 23.

Very good in my opinion.

However playing in the premier league,after 10 games

won-0

lost -10

goals for-3

goals against 47.

I understand the prem league is harder but i haven't altered anything since i got promoted.

I even played against the two teams i got promoted with.

Having won all 4 games against them in the championship i lost both games against

them in the prem 4-0 and 6-1.

What is going on here?

Anyone else experienced such a massive jump in difficulty?

I can't believe that everything that worked so well in the championship

fails to work in the prem.

Any useful comments would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.

I'm not a newcomer to F.M. and have been playing it for many years even before it chaned names.

Many thanks to all of you.

Greatly appreciated.

I think you're right about changing tactics regularly (something i have never done with previous versions)

as they always seemed to work well regardless,but having won a few games i then went back to a losing

streak and when i changed my tactics again . managed to turn things around again.

This is going to take some getting used to as in previous versions if you changed your tactics too often

your players/supporters criticised you.

It's going to be interesting to see how this develops.

Many thanks to all of you.

Greatly appreciated.

I think you're right about changing tactics regularly (something i have never done with previous versions)

as they always seemed to work well regardless,but having won a few games i then went back to a losing

streak and when i changed my tactics again . managed to turn things around again.

This is going to take some getting used to as in previous versions if you changed your tactics too often

your players/supporters criticised you.

It's going to be interesting to see how this develops.

I had the same just after i got promoted. Wenst on a poo run after i won my first game, switched tactics and now im sitting 4th, 1 point off 2nd with Newcastle. I have some tough games coming up now though (Top 4 back to back).

Archived