Supporting Striker

OKay, this is what is get confused about fm. FC and ST, both similar roles, but slighlty different in the way FC are more deeper eg rooney, bergkamp etc, so why do we not have a postion on the tactics of supporting striker or FC.

To add on this, i feel that the postion is very restricted on fm, where there are only a certain number of places you can place your players on the piutch, i think you should be able to move them slightly to the left or right like in fifa or pro

What do you think?

OKay, this is what is get confused about fm. FC and ST, both similar roles, but slighlty different in the way FC are more deeper eg rooney, bergkamp etc, so why do we not have a postion on the tactics of supporting striker or FC.

To add on this, i feel that the postion is very restricted on fm, where there are only a certain number of places you can place your players on the piutch, i think you should be able to move them slightly to the left or right like in fifa or pro

What do you think?

Don't all FC's have the ability to play AMC? Or is it they have a high free role rating, can't quite remember. Chuck him in AMC with a farrow or in ST with a barrow, should get the SS effect.

I see what you're saying though.

i remember in earlier CM games there were FRC/FLC (forward, right/left-centre) etc and CFs. there seemed to be a big difference in FCs and STs when it was first in FM. the truth is there are probably less out-and-out strikers irl. they're trained to be more versatile nowadays, back in CM days rooney & tevez would have been CFs, but what we see irl suggests that they are similarly supporting strikers.

Yeah I see what you're saying as well.

Something I always wondered about when designing tactics was the concept of a totally free-moving tactics panel, whereby you wouldn't have specific slots to place the players, you could literally put them anywhere. Don't know if it would work or not but I think it would be interesting either way.

Don't know if this was the case on any of the early CMs or anything, I only started on FM05

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fatboyjohnmulhern:

i prefered FLRC strikers, at least they were legible to be played in the FL or FR position, i mean are AMR or AML legible to play FR or FL? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couldn't give you a certain answer on that but to be sure, i usually play someone like Saivet who can play AM RL + FC in those positions.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fatboyjohnmulhern:

What do you think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you can do all this on the tactics screen/instrucs. Move left or roght - give him a sarrow (sideways arrow).

One deeper than the other - lesser mentality.

I often set my FC and AMC to switch positions; even a winger with FC if they have the right attributes. Tactics are pretty versatile, you know.

Archived