Forgive the Rant!

Guest sav112

Playing the Clan game and getting to the CL final and have to say just about had it with this game – it’s predictable and a joke at times. The lads were all laughing and me with them as we know the score - you cant beat the Ai…..

Team Valencia

I’ve put in the work

I’ve got the squad

I’ve got world class end to end

I’ve got the training

I’ve got the coaches.

I’ve got my tactic.

They score form corners

They need little chance

There player that’s never scored scores

The whole team got injured at one point ten players out my first eleven, even my class Gk is out for five months.

B team does not have a fixture list

Squad registration has to be watched

Financial anomalies crop up

What do you need to win in this, It’s an Ai over compensated pile. The whole feel is lost, Do stats make a difference!

aaaaaaaaa that feels better...

Fm anyone?

Playing the Clan game and getting to the CL final and have to say just about had it with this game – it’s predictable and a joke at times. The lads were all laughing and me with them as we know the score - you cant beat the Ai…..

Team Valencia

I’ve put in the work

I’ve got the squad

I’ve got world class end to end

I’ve got the training

I’ve got the coaches.

I’ve got my tactic.

They score form corners

They need little chance

There player that’s never scored scores

The whole team got injured at one point ten players out my first eleven, even my class Gk is out for five months.

B team does not have a fixture list

Squad registration has to be watched

Financial anomalies crop up

What do you need to win in this, It’s an Ai over compensated pile. The whole feel is lost, Do stats make a difference!

aaaaaaaaa that feels better...

Fm anyone?

As someone with great medical knowledge ( I have been to the Doctor twice !) , I would recommend the following;

Remove the FM game from the computer

Place the FM disc in its case

Take a break from FM for 14 days.

Take a single dose of the 8.0.2 pill

Everything will be better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrazT:

As someone with great medical knowledge ( I have been to the Doctor twice !) , I would recommend the following;

Everything will be better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If someone has a cold, you don't send them to a psychiatrist. Equally, sav112's problems will not be solved by a patch.

There are problems with the game and the engine, but I can't see your fortunes suddenly turning around after the patch.

Learn how to train your players properly and how to set up tactics.

If you need one for Valencia, go to the tactics forum, ask for it and I'll either give you mine (great for Silva, Vicente, etc) or I'll make up another one with the formation you like best.

The training is spot on, trust me or at the very least be very proficient with the team of world class stars.

I’m not hiding behind the Tactic chest nut as I built this team and know the players strengths and weakness. I’m not playing alone as it’s a clan game and we are all experiencing it. No offence but these guys know there stuff and would probably blow most of you out the water….no offence Hawshiels.

The league table is not fluid but kept in check, you seem to finish were it thinks you should, we call it the “getting to close too Barca phenomenon!†get to within a challenging position and your team throws a wobbly……..

Been playing this game sine the very first Cm version and since 2003 in clan games and I’ve never felt so powerless and at sorts with the game. I used to know why I lost games and won them on the old versions, when you lost you took it on the chin and worked on it and got rewarded but on this version you loose basically as its just time for it (don’t care your team needs to loose this game to adjust the table).

If I’m the only one feeling it’s a battle in which your disadvantage and handicapped for the Ai to have it easy…do there players even register match fitness these days as a player never played in the last 25 matches and not played once since friendly games at the beginning of the season all of a sudden plays like Cristiano Ronaldo.

Don’t get me started on Ai Goal keepers there all brilliant when they play human players and ridiculously poor when it goes back to Ai v Ai ..

It comes down to this, The old version you got rewarded for well thought out teams, tactics you could rely on players to perform.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrazT:

Everything will be better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think 14 days is a bit optimistic

If I may put in my 2 cents.

Why is it that none of my players can score freekicks? But their players score them (usually after a massive deflection of the wall) now I would understand this if my players where rubbish but I had Pirlo for one (never scored a freekick in a season and a bit for Milan) And Riquelme the other.

Both have Freekicks at 20 and Riquelme, quite possibly the most gifted technical player in the game, never scores. Now some may say its cause the keepers are class, but I have Riquelme on my Boca save still no free kicks go in for me.

Is this a bug? Its for the 8.0.1 patch by the way.

Oh and I agree sometimes it does seem that the game just decides your due a loss.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sav112:

I’m not hiding behind the Tactic chest nut as I built this team and know the players strengths and weakness. I’m not playing alone as it’s a clan game and we are all experiencing it. No offence but these guys know there stuff and would probably blow most of you out the water….no offence Hawshiels.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obviously there is no way they would blow me out of the water (so no offence taken) because I am completely dominant as manager of Valencia and I suffer only marginally with the things you speak of. So, as I said if you and the other "guys that know their stuff" want to get some help from me, I'd be happy to help.

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hawshiels:

other "guys that know their stuff" want to get some help from me, I'd be happy to help.

icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

I'm sure your the Berti Vogts of FM, .everyone is a world class manager on here!.

Playing single games is one thing playing clan games another and starting with no reputation…I can honestly say I respect the lads football knowledge trying to keep is all part of the fun.

I don’t want an easy game that makes out you’re the Alex Ferguson of this world but I don’t want a game that constantly feels like it takes pot shots at you!

Honestly it’s like a dare at times….. You’re squad for some reason has little cover for say RB position when your limited to the twenty five players in Spain. I feel the game turns around to slap you in the face saying

“Thought you could get away with that well I’m going to Injure your remaining two RB now you don’t have that third†its like it proves a point and wants a pat on the back for showing you !

I lost ten players out my first eleven last night just before a CL final I can even accept this as ok but other things make reach for the chill pills…..in its current form the game is actually giving us great amusement not for how real it gets but how tacky at times the match engine is and very Predictable.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sav112:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hawshiels:

other "guys that know their stuff" want to get some help from me, I'd be happy to help.

icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

I'm sure your the Berti Vogts of FM, .everyone is a world class manager on here!.

Playing single games is one thing playing clan games another and starting with no reputation…I can honestly say I respect the lads football knowledge trying to keep is all part of the fun.

I don’t want an easy game that makes out you’re the Alex Ferguson of this world but I don’t want a game that constantly feels like it takes pot shots at you!

Honestly it’s like a dare at times….. You’re squad for some reason has little cover for say RB position when your limited to the twenty five players in Spain. I feel the game turns around to slap you in the face saying

“Thought you could get away with that well I’m going to Injure your remaining two RB now you don’t have that third†its like it proves a point and wants a pat on the back for showing you !

I lost ten players out my first eleven last night just before a CL final I can even accept this as ok but other things make reach for the chill pills…..in its current form the game is actually giving us great amusement not for how real it gets but how tacky at times the match engine is and very Predictable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm still here if you want the help. icon_wink.gif

If you have lots of injuries, is it:

1. Training regime is too hard or coaches train them too hard?

2. Tackles set to normal or hard for a player that cannot handle this?

3. Individually skillful players being tackled hard because they hold the ball for too long?

4. Not resting players enough?

As for the tactics, if you are sick of losing goals to corners or last minute goals, I would be happy to give you my tactic - but perhaps that would spoil some of the fun for you.

Hawshiels, your condesending nature is galling, i dont like to get personal on here, but your comments are the most self gratifying i have read, you must have a 10" penis too of course, because you are truly the greatest, the best valencia manager ever no doubt!! k*ob!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mossa1977:

Hawshiels, your condesending nature is galling, i dont like to get personal on here, but your comments are the most self gratifying i have read, you must have a 10" penis too of course, because you are truly the greatest, the best valencia manager ever no doubt!! k*ob! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL icon_biggrin.gif

I knew I was the best Valencia manager on here but it's great to be finally recognised as such.

Cheers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mossa1977:

Hawshiels, your condesending nature is galling, i dont like to get personal on here, but your comments are the most self gratifying i have read, you must have a 10" penis too of course, because you are truly the greatest, the best valencia manager ever no doubt!! k*ob! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's not being condesending at all. He's even offered his tactics for the OP to gave a go with. That's trying to be helpful in my book.

Anyway, what's wrong with a little bragging now and again... this is'nt the LLM thread you know. icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> i dont like to get personal on here </div></BLOCKQUOTE> - Well don't then, simple really... icon_rolleyes.gif

Happy with Training and Tactics as are most of the lads, Your tactic is one of hundred out there that probably does work for this match engine, I’ll stick to my way my tactic is fluid with the opposition and players on the park….I don’t go into those downloading tactic. I’ve been very successful over the three clan seasons CL finals, Cups etc but just realise a bit more than some casual players.

Remember the good old days of the Deablo tactic that would win nearly every game. icon_eek.gif

I’d hate to think that as our rep is built from scratch and starts at the very lowest it effects the game so much, thankfully I’m continental now.

Just sounds like another whinge as you cant win the league even with a team of world stars.

Ive learnt that you need to make adjustments to get any sort of consistancy. You cant just make a super tactic (diablo) and play the whole season without any changes.

As a result, even minor changes give you consistancy and you can achieve domination like older version.

This isnt another "im a better manager than you" comment before you go down that road!

If you see older comments in tactics and training from myself you will see I hated this game due to the supposed bugs, but I read a number of posts and it made me understand the game better.

I can't see anything condescending about Hawshields posts, whereas you're just being an idiot.

Your post serves no purpose in this thread other than to get personal with someone and if this forum is to ever improve people like you should be getting warnings a bit more easily.

As for the OP problem, I agree there are some problems with the game that can make it frustrating for some people at times.

But please don't go down the 'The AI just suddenly decides that I'm doing far too well and should be cheated out of some victories' road. The AI does not cheat you, and most of the problems you touch upon, whilst annoying, can be avoided and overcome. In fact many people are avoiding or overcoming these problems which negates the argument that the AI suddenly decides to cheat you and you can't win no matter what.

The game, rightly or wrongly, now takes a bit of thought and experiment to get right. And I don't think your clan buddies know as much about the game as they claim otherwise they would not be constantly suffering from these problems icon_wink.gif

Sav112 - you appear to have posted expecting everyone to simply agree with you. Instead, you have received some really helpful suggestions and offers of assistance. However, you blankly refuse to move from you tactics and your training. I think it would help for you to open up your mind to the possibility that you might not have got it right at the moment, and that it is you that is causing these problems, not the AI. It always seems like an easy excuse to blame the match engine and not your tactics/players/decisions etc...

I think he pointed stuff there and he didn't call for any help. it's obvious (to me) that guy is someone who's not playing this game since yestrday. he only complained a little, but we all did. and stated some of his feelings. he's got every right to do that.

he was just a little ****ed with "it's your tactics" answer and "I'm the one who can help you", becouse it's obvious he didn't want it. why help him if he doesn't want the help. I also don't like help, becouse I like to solve problems by myself. it's just like you've been told all exellant prospect players in the game. sorry I like to find them on my own... giving help to someone that doesn't want it, is just as bad acusing someone for being condescending.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJW1979:

I think the point is, he will only solve the problem if he accepts the problem may be him and not the "cheating" game! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so you must have never experienced strange SOTG ratio, keepers being man of the match in allmost every match, every other player that scores in extra time it was his 1st goal for his side....but it's probably our tactics, right?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mitja:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJW1979:

I think the point is, he will only solve the problem if he accepts the problem may be him and not the "cheating" game! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so you must have never experienced strange SOTG ratio, keepers being man of the match in allmost every match, every other player that scores in extra time it was his 1st goal for his side....but it's probably our tactics, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to say that this is not something overly prominent in my games. Sometimes you lose when you should have won, but that is football. If you accept, there are a lot more shots than you would normally expect - and work on it at about 15% then it normally seems a fair balance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mitja:

I think he pointed stuff there and he didn't call for any help. it's obvious (to me) that guy is someone who's not playing this game since yestrday. he only complained a little, but we all did. and stated some of his feelings. he's got every right to do that.

he was just a little ****ed with "it's your tactics" answer and "I'm the one who can help you", becouse it's obvious he didn't want it. why help him if he doesn't want the help. I also don't like help, becouse I like to solve problems by myself. it's just like you've been told all exellant prospect players in the game. sorry I like to find them on my own... giving help to someone that doesn't want it, is just as bad acusing someone for being condescending. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually in the opening post the guy says 'What do you need to win in this'. icon_wink.gif

But that's beside the point, personally I'm not offering him help or saying I'm better at the game than him. I'm just pointing out that I don't agree with him.

I don’t really need advice its not the tactics or training I’ve been playing the game far to long and have spent many hours tweaking on a live game as have the rest. Ands more over it’s not just my tactics, training, squad that is affected it’s the whole clan and were not your average bunch, we know what we are doing and we know the game inside and out. I’m not sticking to the one tactic over the three seasons or even the training. I don’t know how deep you delve into the game, we its deep this end.

My mate does not even play online and has won everything with both Everton, Real Madrid and even lighting up on a LMM game but he’ll emit he never touches training or tactic only uses the ones from the game even the team talks are on auto, so I under stand when people say they are winning Titles and Euro cup but he knows online its not for him as he can own the Ai but does not fancy the pace of online with constant competition for players and Human v Human matches.

I’m the opposite I’ve never played single player games since Cm03, just does not interest me. Anyway Its just a rant as the game is so annoying in its current form having played all the versions even Cm04 for my sins.

Archived