Changing clubs - Help?

I'm managing Newcastle into my third season. Season one I took them up as Championship winners. Spent big in the summer, and acheived a decent 13th in my first season in the Premier league.

The problem is I've now been approached by Valencia, whilst still at mid table 11 games into the season. They're willing to offer me 22 million in the transfer window; at Newcastle, the reputation of the club and the finances prevent any massive signings. Also, to improve on the squad, I'd have to spend an entire summer's budget on one player in one position, which clearly will take a long time to improve the squad.

Plus Valencia in my save, have managed to keep hold of the amazing trio of Villa, Silva and Mata. They're 11th in La Liga and so will take anything.

Should I stay or should I go?

Go go go go go! I appreciate you've had a good time with the toon but when a club like this comes in you've got to jump at the chance IMO. You've obviously done well with Newcastle and hence the interest - reap the rewards my friend!

Yeah definitely, like you said you still have Villa, Silva and Mata and that's a fairly solid base to build around. They've got a big rep so it shouldn't be too hard to attract big names, with the right signings and tactic for the Spanish league you be could be a top European side within the not too distant future...

I can see the headline now "arsenalboy responsible for Valencia rejuvination"

Good luck, let me know how it goes. :)

I'm a little ashamed to admit it but I once went the other way - Arsenal to Valencia - this was in 07 though when Valencia were still in the black financially, all because Ken Frair, who had taken over as Chairman refused to give me more than £8m to spend while Valencia came a calling with £70m with which I then bought Toure, Fabregas and Barnetta off Arsenal.

Archived