Why is it so difficult to get a clean sheet?

In 09 it was easier to get a clean sheet then to get clean sheet in 10. I say this because I'm Notts County, CB's are Huntington and Andy Butler (which is very good for L2), Schmeical is GK (prem standard) and had very good defence coaches (good enough for Prem clubs) and won L2 with 93 pts scored 69 conceded 41 by only got 10 clean sheets.

It's like if I'am 4-0 up and dominating the game, I'll most likely concede a goal.

It's like I score AI score, I score. Just happens to frequently.

This probably my one negative for FM10, apart from this FM10 is 10/10 aka Awesome!

In 09 it was easier to get a clean sheet then to get clean sheet in 10. I say this because I'm Notts County, CB's are Huntington and Andy Butler (which is very good for L2), Schmeical is GK (prem standard) and had very good defence coaches (good enough for Prem clubs) and won L2 with 93 pts scored 69 conceded 41 by only got 10 clean sheets.

It's like if I'am 4-0 up and dominating the game, I'll most likely concede a goal.

It's like I score AI score, I score. Just happens to frequently.

This probably my one negative for FM10, apart from this FM10 is 10/10 aka Awesome!

I'm experiencing exactly the same thing rovers for 64 against 64 shocking

The whole defending aspect seems to be getting discussed all over these forums at the moment. It is a mess I am struggling with it to no matter what seems to get done it only makes my defence worse. SI need to address this issue very quickly i feel

I won the prem in my second season at liverpool. I had the best defence by a mile conceding only 24 goals all season (first season i had a shocker and finished 5th but won the FA Cup). I play 4-5-1 (DMC, AML, AMR) and find keeping sheets easy. I have to say i dont think this is a SI problem but your tactics problem.

Do you think Phill Brown is running to the FA at the moment saying it's too difficult to keep a clean sheet in the prem so they should make it easier for him by changing the rules. I think not.

There are just too many conspiracy theories on here. Sometimes your tactics, players, morale, team talks, staff, position in the league, amount of fans, quality of opposition ect ect will let you down and you will conede goals but sometimes it will all go in your favour and you will keep clean sheets. Dont change your tactics too much during a season cause your players will be disrupted and wont know how thier playing from one game to the next.

Sometimes i find it takes a team 4-5 months to get used to the tactic i am asking them to play and i buy players based on my tactic not based on reputation so that my tactics are good regardless of who is available to play. Please just have a mess around and play a few seasons before moaning to change a perfectly good game!!!

Archived