PUT UP, OR SHUT UP!...Who do you think you are, tapping up my players?

I am sick of it now, ever since I qualified for the champions league with my villa team I have at least 3 players per week being complimented by various managers

Diego Renan, Ansaldi, Otamendi, Forlin, Davies, Srna, Young, Milner, Balotelli, Agbonlahor, Delph, Delfouneso

All constantly being praised and told how much they are wanted by the likes of Pellegrini and Guardiola + others

This is all well and good, and you expect the big guns to come knocking when you have great players...But its been 20 months now since we first made top 4...and not 1 single bid has been received for any of these players...So how can they justify going on for 20 months with 4-5 comments a week about various members of my squad

This needs to be more realistic now...Only Harry Redknap can get away with talking about other clubs players in the press on a regular basis, its time FIFA/UEFA/TheFA stepped in and punished them for tapping up my players

Hey, at least they are just talking.

Real Madrid offered my 5M for Nani (a price that means I've got no chance of getting a replacement) and I duly rejected.

Nani instantly called the press and told them his sob story, and proceeded to miss training afterwards.

What was I suppose to do? Just bend over?

Hey, at least they are just talking.

Real Madrid offered my 5M for Nani (a price that means I've got no chance of getting a replacement) and I duly rejected.

Nani instantly called the press and told them his sob story, and proceeded to miss training afterwards.

What was I suppose to do? Just bend over?

I did the same and got the same result. It was sunderland who offered though. They came back to me with another offer so I added 10mil onto it (making the price £16mil) and they agreed. Good riddence I said, put that money towards buying Mata.

What i don't get is how come players dont get upset and hand in a transfer request when I declare interest but it usually happen the other way around. Makes it difficult for me to sign players i want but easier for the AI to buy anyone.

Exactly, not seen once where my targets get unhappy if their club reject my bids.

To the OP - get used to it. As soon as your team gets a top reputation and top players, the vultures come circling. Whether it unsettles your players depends on many things. I also had Delph in '09 and in 2012 when the rich clubs were throwing $40 million at me, he had no interest because he was a "Leeds man through and through" as he put it, and loved me and was worshipped by his teammates.

In game, the other managers never stop flirting with your players unless you take measures, because there's no mechanism other than your actions to stop them. In my experience the hands-off demands make the offers stop before long, but that does risk making a player unhappy if he has ambitions beyond the level of your team, has favored personnel/team/culture conflicts, wants a bigger role, wants more money, etc. If you are worried about a hands-off making someone mad, better to counter-offer with a gigantic demand like $100 million. This way he doesn't get upset when they withdraw. That is gaming the system a bit, though.

Some players are impossible to unsettle and some can't wait to leave. Some even announce they have higher ambitions when they arrive at your team.

I've had players - at their arrival - announce they were sad to leave their old club and couldn't wait to go back, or that they were only using my squad to move on to a bigger level. This is a hint that they will be easy to seduce... heh.

To the last poster... you can unsettle AI players, and they do it to each other all the time. If you keep a big short list you will see this happening quite a lot. It can take a long time to unsettle a player, though. And again, it depends on many things. If he has no reason to want to come to your team over his, no amount of flirting will unsettle him. In fact, before long he will start to dislike you and your obsessive comments on him (a touch I think is great...) and you can even become disfavored. This factor can work for you, too.

But in the end, SI are trying to model real life as much as possible, and the fact is that NO team is immune to losing players. ManU, Real Madrid... whoever. So in game, even if you are massive and successful and willing to pay as much or more than anyone, now and then you will still have someone who wants to leave no matter what. Sometimes in life players just want a new challenge... a new pond to be a big fish in.

He might want to move to Los Angeles and hang out with movie stars with his pop star wife and make a ton of money playing in a mediocre league.

There are a billion reasons players leave when managers and fans don't want them to, and only so many ways SI can make it happen in game.

^ Yep that's definately a bug. Also, shrekiejai you should be happy at getting £5 million for Nani, he's not worth that in real life.

Seriously though, all the transfer speculation that goes on is realistic, however I agree it is annoying when people make comments about your players but then don't make a bid or even an inquiry for them.

i guess it depends on a few things, 1 whether they can afford the player, 2 whether they want to pay what his asking price is and maybe 3 whether they are just trying to unsettle him to get a lower fee accepted. Either way they wont stop complimenting them, i dont think its a 'bug' just how football works

Archived