Help with Sheffield Wednesday

I have just done the impossible (in my eyes) and got Sheffield Wednesday promoted at the first attempt, my problem is now i have been unable to really sign any players, mainly due to the fact my board only allow upto 25k a week wages plus only have 9million to spend and its hard to get good players in, i signed loads of freebe players last year to get promoted and now they just cant really cut it in the top flight, ive won my first game 2-0 at Wigan, and now i have lost 3 in a row and an FA cup tie against Brighton, i just cant seem to get a chance the team are conceding virtually from the off and my mighty 4-5-1 tactic of last year now seems to be the problem, what is the main thing to do once you have been promoted to stop my team getting spanked everyweek i havent even play a top ten team yet!

That's pretty harsh. Suppose your two options are to unearth a cheap gem and a magical tactic or try your best and plan for relegation and bouncing back up.

You should be able to get a couple of good players in on loan or buy a few youngsters. You can get Fabien Brandy for 500k and his wages are small, he scores for fun.

Are there no good players on a free? If you got rid of your transfer budget onto the wages and this allowed you to sign some good out of contract players, this might help.

You might need to adjust your tactics now as well. If your getting minced playing 451 then switch to something else. I have always found 442 diamond to be good for smaller teams looking to survive.

Good luck mate and well done for getting Wednesday to the prem!

Archived