Training Player Positions

Yeah, and I think player's age affects (or should...) this too. I guess Henry is not going to be interested in learning to play as AM R at this stage of hs "life" but Bojan could do it as he is very yuong.

Yes and no, I've successfully trained Henry to play AML, but he is already competent as opposed to accomplished, the older a player gets it is harder to get him to learn a completely new postion though.

In my reserve team

I was thinking of training a midfielder to be a left foot midfielder though im wondering is there anything in particular that i should pay attention to before setting this. Is there something that would tell me it would be a bad idea to do this if its there.

I see this person is reasonable on his left foot though is there anything else i should look at before making the choice. by the way he is a M,RC also [midfielder,centre,right]

Playing right now.

If anyone can respond to this asap with helpful comments i would most appreciate this. All the best with your managing career. Bb :)

As far as i'm aware if you ask him to be a left sided midfielder there will be no issues. Nothing bad can happen. He will either say "Yeah sure i'll do it" or "I dont see the point in doing it". Either way you might as well give it a go. By the way the more that player plays games in the new position the quicker he will become a left midfielder!

The attribute which seems to really determine success on this is "Versatility", which is one of the hidden attributes. A highly Versatile player will learn new positions more readily. A super-low Versatility player will not learn new positions at all. As noted above, age is a factor as well; a younger player is more likely to have success learning a new position.

I suspect Determination, Work Rate, and what he thinks of you will also impact how hard he's willing to work at the new position; if he hates you, he's not going to put out that much effort, right?

Training a right-footed player to work as a left midfielder will also cause him to work on his left-footedness. This can be a good thing or a bad thing. Personally, I love for my central midfielders to be two-footed, as it seems to make them much more effective. However, being two-footed "consumes" some of his CA which could otherwise have been used as visible attributes. So, you may notice some of his attributes dropping as he gets better with his left foot; this is by-design.

Note also that it consumes some of his training time - 20%, if I recall? - which may also contribute to lowering attributes or for a young player, not improving as much as he would have had he been concentrating on positions he already knows.

So, I wouldn't worry so much about whether your Reserve team has every position covered .. I'd look at this decision more as a "If/when he reaches the first team, is it more valuable to have a two-footed but slightly weaker MLRC, or a right-footed but slightly stronger MRC?"

That's going to depend on the role you envision for him and the rest of your squad.

Yep. But you won't get to natural, accomplished is highest for retraining.

You can get to natural. I have C. Ronaldo as a natural striker, the assman even reports that his best position is a striker. Same for Kaka on left mid. Can post screenshots if you want. Have done it with many others players too, it just takes a while of training and lots of games in that position.

Archived