Bidding for a loan

It is a bug or is it bloody difficult to get a player on loan.

I am managing Crystal Palace and I bid for goalkeeper Asmir Begović from Portsmouth who is available for loan. First I bidded a 6 month loan, the club accepted but Asmir Begović rejected it saying 'he has no intention on going to Crystal Palace'. Then I bidded 3 month loan to 1 month and Asmir Begović still rejected.

The worst thing is one of my scouts I signed Dan Whitebread (has stats of 18 - Player Judging Potential' 16 - Player Judging Ability) said in his reports that Asmir Begović will be very in joining our club on loan. If that is the case why did he say he has no intention of joining our club on loan????? My scout has high stats for Judging Potential and Judging Ability so why does he give me a false report????

Crystal Palace are championship team so I can not see why Asmir Begović doesn't want to join on loan???? In the 08/09 season he joined Yeovil a league 1 team on loan This even applies to other fringe Premiership players with the scout reports saying the player is interested in joining our club on loan when he is not.

Is it a bug?? Or is it the reality of the game.

Oh yeah.. Asmir Begović then goes on loan to Leicester later in the game! Leicester just joined the championship. Yes I know Crystal Palace are in financial crisis but it doesn't prevent Asmir Begović to move to Crystal Palace on loan. It applies to all other fringe Premiership players. I haven't yet tried loaning players from the championship or lower leagues but I will.

Hmmm. Rather wierd to be honest. I had a test with Millwall see what sort of players were available on free transfers and loans that would want to join a league one promotion pushing side, and i found that a load of good players for league one level were willing to drop down.

To say not to palace though is wierd. They have a good fan base in my opinion, and they are capable of pushing for promotion.

Guest markyosullivan

I have had the same problem recently with Norwich. Nobody wants to join my team on loan. :( Like even players who are 'good league 1 players' won't join and I'm in the Championship predicted to finish 17th!

Archived