Great new features certainly, gameplay match engine badly needs improving.

hello si games before i get negative ..i'll start on a high ...love all the new features eg the presentation new media /press conferances new tactics.

however what isnt cool is the whole match engine. granted the latout and animation is better , the whole experience flows better but the actual gameplay and accuracy is very poor.

im managing leeds in league one by far the strongest side in the division ive also strengthened them further with some amazing signings nearly everyone in the squad would make a (leading championship star) some would even make a decent premiership player, in league one they should be amazing. i keep morale high through praising players and sound media skills they have some great coaches and excellent training put in place. i have good tactics and tweak them for every game just slightly on the back of my assistant advice (yes i even go that far) yet too my frustration crap things are happening and heres is why......

ive been playing the game for yrs ive done alot of expirementing with the new game with the tactics and everything im even going into my oponnents details and acting accordingly..it would seem i am doing what is right....

as far as om concerned it boils down to TWO things.

1. the GOALKEEPERS

keepers in the match engine are terrible .i nearly never have a clean sheet even with feilding two premiership class dms in front of a flat back four playing as carefull and as sensible as you can imagine...it just seems that crappest players in the game can score from anywhere...the keepers might aswell not be their.

2. LATE GOALS / UNREALISTIC COMEBACKS

ive lost count of the times where i have been 2-1 up with 5mins to spare, i change formation subbin striker off for midfielder change mentality to as defensive as you can get, yet conidering this the opposition will score in the 90th minute or injury time...seriously its happened about 7 times,

my teams has actually won about 5 games like this aswell and im sorry but football stats prove that it is a rarety for these sort of dramatic late spectacular feats to occur yet they have become the norm for my game.

im not normally one to moan but these unrealistic regular midemeanours have seriously ruined my whole gameplay experience ive treid your patch and im gonna stop playing untill you realise another patch which makes gameplay a more accurate reflection on your hard work and reality. otherwise im spending my time for nothing

please take my points seriously as they need changing in your next patch.

if anybody else is experiencing this i welcome you to come forward

i realise my spelling is bad but its 5am im a fm addict and it wont let me edit the thread title it should read

great new features certainly, gameplay match engine badley needs improving.

I am sorry but I have not sufferred any come backs and I am managing in the same league. I am happy goalies actually can play in FM2010.

They were especiallty poor in the air in FM09, never came out for corners and would go walk abouts quite often.

In a few seasons of play I have yet to see a glaring goal keeper error.

The only slight gripe is a goal keeper should be more aggressive off his line on a one on one situation. I prefer they do this, than to go walk abouts letting in 5-10 goals a season due to errors.

Then again, aggression, tackling and closing down need a tweak this season across the board.

This lack of defending is contibuting to strikers creating and scoring a lot of chances.

It isnt a HUGE problem, it needs only minor tweaking.

You are also incorrect that dramatic equalisers are a rarity in real life.

My team in real life, Napoli, in the last few games, beat Fiorentina with a last minute goal. Snatched a draw at home to Milan with 2 injury time goals (92 and 94) and we came back from being 2-0 down against Juventus to win 3-2 with one goal coming in the final minutes.

Man United, was down 3-1 with 10 min to go, and scored twice in 6 minutes. Happens all the time, its all about motivation, experience and concentration.

In FM, if you are winning 2-1 or 2-0 you need to check who is acting complacent or nervous and try to sub them off or motivate them at half time.

Learn which players lack determination/composure (the key factor for determining player come backs) and possibly sub them or try to avoid complacency with a half time talk.

Also sometimes, if you have complacent or nervous players, DONT play contain or time wasting, it lets the opposition ADVANCE on you. Sometimes, attacking is a good option with a few minutes to spare, but tell them to retain possession, pass to feet/space, go for the flanks etc.

You said you were not the type of person to moan, but you did moan in your thread, and you also used the classic "fix this or I am not going to play" line.

I don't think anyone cares if you will play or not until it's fixed. How about you play, collate some data, save some pkm's and upload the information in the bug forums saying why you think it needs to be fixed.

I can safely say, you are probably overloading your players with instructions and no, you dont "have good tactics" or you wouldn't be raging.

50% of your issue is about conceeding come backs, which is ALWAYS tactical.

you know whats really strange i got to the point after making this thread i was 8 in the league around nov time and now ive just started playing but sticking with one tactic not changing it at all ... completley ignoring any assistant advice and ive won 6 games in a row and im in january and im now 3rd!

the players are gelling now im thumping everyone and because im out of the cup comps and only focused on the leagues i guess thats helped.

however it does seem a tad shame now that i arent changing anything or acting indepth researching my oponnent and playing tactical chess i get success

surely for puttin sod all effort in it i shouldnt be doing amazing?

it should be the other way round .

doesnt make sense...still i feel better!

seems to me the kevin keeganethos of ill score more than you tends to work in that league.....attack and if that fails its onto overload

Yeh changing DOESNT help.

A new tactic takes 10-15 games to gel, so do new players.

your telling me!

ive just had an all nighter havent slept for 24hrs played football manager all night.....i went from 8th in the league by dec in my 1st season fearing the worst and ive only gone and finished second and secured promotion! i would have won the league but missed out on goal difference... no bs! talk about a complete turn around...i really did not see that coming

perhaps i spoke to soon it just seem messed up at the time

• 1 month later...

"You said you were not the type of person to moan, but you did moan in your thread, and you also used the classic "fix this or I am not going to play" line.

I don't think anyone cares if you will play or not until it's fixed. How about you play, collate some data, save some pkm's and upload the information in the bug forums saying why you think it needs to be fixed.

I can safely say, you are probably overloading your players with instructions and no, you dont "have good tactics" or you wouldn't be raging.

50% of your issue is about conceeding come backs, which is ALWAYS tactical.

i do appreciate your feed back you have given me some great tips....but i dont think the above comments are fair...yes i could upload this and i could upload that....but it takes ages saving the screenshots and uploading the pic into image shack ect ....then pasting all the indvidual links and to be quite frank i havent got the time and cant be arsed right now

all i want to do is play the game.... put it like this...ive simplified my game ....ive listened to a lot of what youve said and ive been playing this game for years...ive downloaded the 3 latest 60page tactical theorem pdf files from fm towns or wateva site it and read them extensivley so i am making the effort

...i listen to my asistant manager instructions b4 and during the game i look at the stats...whos had most shots....posession ect....i try to read the animation to see whats going wrong

with leeds my 1st season i finished 2nd in league 1 (promoted) in my 2nd season fin 3rd in championship (promoteded in playoffs) 3rd season finished bottom of prem relegated , 4th season i finished 2nd in championship premoted ,5th season survived the premiership finished 16th , 6th season getting really frustrated really struggling

im 32 games in im 18th in the league its getting frustrating because i have amazing backroom staff....coaches ...assistant manager...scouts ect.... and believe i have some incredible players...wonder kids which make you drool at the mouth...(and yes i will post a couple of shots) ...so ive got the staff....ive got the players of a very high calibre....as a whole fair enough not top 4 calibre yet bet defenitley top 8 and a couple of them could walk in to any top 4 team.... i listen and follow the guidance of all these 'experts' and yet when i play the sensible way against your chelseas ect following the advice and use my own extensive knowledge and experience i am getting thrashed 6 nil and stuff and im thinking well that just isnt realistic and doesnt make sense for example

against chelsea i have a decent keeper ...4 at the back=1 good quality and 1 decent for prem defenders 2 being leading premiership stars ...a good quality dm protecting them a 4 man midfield made up of a fine blend of offensive and defensive and good all rounder midefielders. all being good for prem quality , 1 good striker and 1 leading star striker....i play them against chelsea i make sure im not too negative eg contain to invite them... im definetly not too positve either i follow the advice with good intentions...and i get thrashed 6-0!

and its things like this that frustrate me bcause i am amazing at finding players and unearthing stars ... ive always been fairly good tactically but ive done my very best to follow and learn from the experts to enhance this area and i feel all my efforts are going nowhere...my team should be running forwards not backwards...it annoys me the whole prospect of having my team back in the championship in my 7th season despite doing all the right things and all this hard work

i have a good knowledge on team talks , training and talking to the media

but i know my team morale has been damaged by selling some of the crapper players and trying to offer a couple of guys several times that im stuck with and just couldn't sell. i appreciate these things do make a difference. i also appreciate ive got a very young team.....i love my wonder kids..there are some things that effect things...i appreciate that

im sure it would be easier if i managed one of the top 4....it would be probably a different story and id be boasting my acomplishments by now....but i want to live the dream...and do it all with my hometown club :)

im running out of ideas and it just seems that the match engine is either being goofy on me or the game really has just become that hard!

I can't see the players because the pictures are too small. How old are they in general? If the majority are U21 then there will be issues with consistency against experienced pros, no mater how talented they are.

ive made them a little bigger now but i will admit that its quite a young squad...sometimes i field 2 19yrd olds but they are of a very high standard ...the other guys are 21 22 24 26 and a few 28 year olds

It's a solid mid table side by the looks of things, with potential to go higher. Seems like there might be a slight over emphasis on creativity and flair at the expense of hard working defensive solidity though. Are you both scoring and conceding a lot?

How gelled is the squad? Do they all speak English? Have they all adapted to the English game? All could reduce performance, as could harsh criticism from the manager towards a young squad.

It's a solid mid table side by the looks of things, with potential to go higher. Seems like there might be a slight over emphasis on creativity and flair at the expense of hard working defensive solidity though. Are you both scoring and conceding a lot?

How gelled is the squad? Do they all speak English? Have they all adapted to the English game? All could reduce performance, as could harsh criticism from the manager towards a young squad.

there 13th out of 20th for goals scored and 19th out of 2oth for goals conceded :(

late goals are the worst ..i try to do the right things eg go to contain ultra rigid 82nd min or so employ time wasting tactics alter tactic or mentalitys to a more defensive manner sub off attacking minded players

i can be harsh to players at times but only if theyve been red carded a few times or recieved repeated 4s or 5s for example

i think there may have been mentioned a problem with the right back and left back gelling which explains alot...the right back is brazilian and is still learning english...... but saying that hes in his second season you would have thought he would have settled and gelled by now?

for some reason on fm10 i guess they take longer to gel?

here are a few more players and staff too.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7664/40850586.jpg

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7894/83836032.jpg

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8076/u1ntitled.jpg

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8259/u3ntitled.jpg

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/7253/u11ntitled.jpg

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9205/u33ntitled.jpg

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/311/un2titled.jpg

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8143/un7titled.jpg

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/7103/un9titled.jpg

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/9317/unt888itled.jpg

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/7932/unti4tled.jpg

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1576/unti55tled.jpg

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8068/untit77led.jpg

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/1681/untit444led.jpg

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/6890/untitl6ed.jpg

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/6930/39153520.jpg

i have at lot of staff and there all of a similar of higher quality than the guys ive posted....i know they dont make that much difference but my point is ive paid attention to detail.... and this has took me absouloute ages to do all this.uploading..so thats why i never did it originally lol

thank you for your knowledge

There's a real lack of steel and work ethic in your spine, plus a serious lack of height at the back. Compounded with a very young defence, I'm not surprised you are struggling. Defenders tend to mature later than attackers, so with less than adequate protection in front of them, you will concede a lot of late and/or soft goals. None of your DMs are more than solid at Premiership level, which isn't good enough when playing in front of a green defence.

There's a real lack of steel and work ethic in your spine, plus a serious lack of height at the back. Compounded with a very young defence, I'm not surprised you are struggling. Defenders tend to mature later than attackers, so with less than adequate protection in front of them, you will concede a lot of late and/or soft goals. None of your DMs are more than solid at Premiership level, which isn't good enough when playing in front of a green defence.

your points are taken on board and are good points

i didnt think my team would perform this bad tho....its really iratating me getting thrashed so much.... my 28yr old centre back is classed as a leading prem star the 19 yr old partner is a wonderkid the argi left back and brazilian right back are classed as already having good prem ability ...they are also both young but both have great pace stamina tw ,tack head mark cross ect...i look for the relavant stats and stuff so i can get some one young in who is often cheaper and will turn into a world class star who you can sell on and make a hefty fee or become a fan favourite and stay with the club for a decade....in fm games of yore you could do this with out too many probs yet on this edition i am really struggling gettin thrashed on in the prem and it really grains on me...il admit my dm by prem class is average...he certainly aint no makalele lol

i had younas kaboul at one point and ill admit the defence wa a bit more solid but he insisted on moving to a biger club dammit

another thing annoys me ...when it says fans criticise you for using the same 442 tactic when i clearly altered the positions and instructions before the game even started....it seems your damned if you do and damned if you dont.

any way ill shut up and stop moaning

i think im gonna start again ive just been relegated...im 7 seasons in and thought id be much further than this not been forced to get my teame into the prem again for the 3rd time in asking

Archived