Best attributes for asst.manager please. asap :)

Remember to take a look at their "Backroom Advice" stats on the Personal tab of their page, and hiring someone with a good "Media Handling" attribute (bottom of the left-hand column, it's not numerical or a bar) is good too. There are far too many assistants who utterly screw up every single assignment by berating your team if you holiday or giving idiotic answers in press conferences. You don't want one of them, trust me...

I look for

* JCA (gives you an idea of your players abilities)

* JPA (gives you an idea of how good your players might become)

* Man Management (I find it very useful because your Ass Man informs you about growing conflicts/unhappy players before it's too late)

* Motivating (I let him do my team talks and press conferences)

* Discipline (seems to help your squad to keep disciplined)

JCA and JPA come first- that way you can get a sense for a player by going to the offer contract screen without having to scout him (I've found it to usually be easier to sign a good assman than a good scout for MLS.)

Second, I check the DDM rating (Determination, Discipline and Motivation) and try to find something over 40 (the basis of this being last year's coach formula.) Usually such a person will have at least one or two attributes that allow for them to be decent coaches until I can hire more staff. My current assman has 16JCA and 18JPA, and has three stars for each of the two training spots he's teaching currently.

Remember to take a look at their "Backroom Advice" stats on the Personal tab of their page, and hiring someone with a good "Media Handling" attribute (bottom of the left-hand column, it's not numerical or a bar) is good too. There are far too many assistants who utterly screw up every single assignment by berating your team if you holiday or giving idiotic answers in press conferences. You don't want one of them, trust me...

lol, this is excellent advice. Thanks Falastur. Though i think im gonna be dealing with media most times though if im away then this would be most important to keep in mind. Cheers Fal. haha, sounds like you had bad experience with this :p

Read the other comments. Jpa+pp sound good to have. I think discipline could be good to have to, all this im taking from what i read in replies. Discipline will keep squad in check isnt it lol. As well as making sure they dont slack. Tact.Know is good for opposition instructions that i think is important. Motivate i like sound of too. Ok, think i need to get back into game. Still on day1 RoFl ^^. I think i have invented a new managing startegy. miniscule-managing. let alone micro-managing :p

Im having good fun with this all though :D

Do motivating, determination, or discipline have anything to do with anything as an ass man? I thought they were only used as factors for training.

I don't bother with JPA and JPP - that's what scouts are for, and you shouldn't be signing anybody that you haven't scouted repeatedly anyway. Tactical knowledge, media skills, and man management is what I look for.

Do motivating, determination, or discipline have anything to do with anything as an ass man? I thought they were only used as factors for training.

I don't bother with JPA and JPP - that's what scouts are for, and you shouldn't be signing anybody that you haven't scouted repeatedly anyway. Tactical knowledge, media skills, and man management is what I look for.

I'm not too sure about this, I think these are needed to get accurate player reports. It's ok scouting and buy players but you need to keep track of their progress too, a good JPA attribute for the ass man might spot something you haven't.

Or maybe you want to compare a player with an up and coming youth player, a good ass man will let ya know when the young player is ready and maybe it's time to get rid of the older player.

Archived